IGNORED

[CLOSED] Lynx High Score Club 2023: Round 5 - Checkered Flag: Farmington and LynxJam Millennial Game Crate Challenge!

jgkspsx

Atari Lynx High Score Club

HSC rules

This round we play Checkered Flag's long and curvy Farmington track and the simple yet maddening Crate Challenge from the 2022 Millennial Games Lynx Jam!

Round Over: Saturday July 1 (full points), Sunday October 1st (rank points only) 2023 12:01am US Pacific

Checkered Flag is relatively cheap and easy to find physically, available on Evercade, and really great! The last time we did a challenge for it was July 2021, and it's time we revisited it, with a curvy upstate NY track we haven't played before. We're also trying out a game from the 2022 Millennial Games Lynx Jam, recently released on a physical cart:

Checkered Flag

Manual / instructions / discussion: https://atariage.com/manual_html_page.php?SoftwareID=2374

Settings single heat / drones - 0 / laps - 3 / course - Farmington

HSC Record: None!

Description: Take on the long curves of Farmington NY! It's just you against the track - who will come out on top?

Bonus Challenge: Rank battle! Leader gets 5 points extra, second place gets three points, third gets one point. Ends July 1!

Scores:

1. @jgkspsx - 2:43.83 - 100+5 - new record!

2. @JagChris - 2:43.94 - 98+3

3. @jeremiahjt2:45.11 - 96+1

4. @Rick Dangerous - 2:46.05 - 94

5. @tripled79 - 2:55.11 - 92

6. @MichaG - 2:59.94 - 90

7. @thegoodwillgamer - 3:07.50 - 88

8. Your name here!

9. Your name here!

10. Your name here!

Crate Challenge

As far as I can tell, the scoring on the physical version of Crate Challenge is the same as on the game jam version from 2022. So until I hear otherwise feel free to use your brand new cartridge if you have it!

Manual / instructions / discussion: https://achitchcock.itch.io/crate-challenge

Download link: https://achitchcock.itch.io/crate-challenge (or buy it here)

Settings: N/A

HSC Record: First year!

Description: Don't fall off or get squished. Grab the energy drinks for a speed boost (but save it for when you really need it!)

Bonus Challenge: Score more than 25 for two bonus ranking points. Available all season!

F3NO3K.gif.b629e9159ac7c57a03c38634f4412c26.gif

Scores:

1. @MichaG - 127* - new record!

2. @jeremiahjt - 115*

2. @Rick Dangerous - 112*

3. @jgkspsx - 110*

4. @tripled79 - 82*

5. Your name here!

6. Your name here!

7. Your name here!

8. Your name here!

9. Your name here!

10. Your name here!

* Achieved bonus points

Current season point standings:

jgkspsx 894 396 498
MichaG 885 382 478
Rick Dangerous 858 380 478
Ninjabba 501 178 298
jeremiahjt 402 402 0
agradeneu 325 100 200
JagChris 184 184 0
KidGameR186496 127 102 0
jblenkle 115 90 0
Songbird 102 0 102

Any corrections please post. Please put your score in text in your post please to make my life a little easier. Thanks for joining us!

• Like 1

Eek! I found a bug in my spreadsheet - the new player bonus points were being added to the regular game scores instead of overall scores. I am going to update the earlier months with corrected point totals and rankings. This means that this is the first month I actually made it to #1.

• Thanks 1

48 for Crate Challenge Currently

EDIT: Crate Challenge is pretty.....challenging!  The lynx doesn't have a lot of lines of horizontal resolution to use and you can only sprint with a full soda meter.  Love it though, so happy there is a "Downfall" type game on the Lynx. 

Edited by Rick Dangerous
  • Like 2

On 6/13/2023 at 6:56 AM, jgkspsx said:

You can make most of the turns without braking, mostly even without letting up on the accelerator, if you stick to the inside of the track. There are two curves where I do tend to come in too fast and have to tap the brakes.

There are "brakes" in this game?

• Like 1