IGNORED

Worldwide Exclusive- First E.X.O (EXO) Review online. Never before seen footage!

Cousin Vinnie

Muddyfunster has allowed Atari7800Forever.com to get the first crack at reviewing the maze shooter/ adventure E.X.O.
This review exhibits gameplay footage from all 5 worlds and has images never seen before online. 

Muddy has some exciting news about this game coming soon, and Funkmaster V goes over the highlights and the lowlights of this much anticipated 7800 Homebrew. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQGVdCmR7Ec

exo thumbnail.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nice review! I love Cybernoid although my favorite version is the NES version. Less "shooter" Cybernoid is probably a good thing since the "shooter" parts of Cybernoid tend to be the most cheap parts of the game if I remember right.

This has 5 levels compared to the 3 in Cybernoid but how long are the individual levels compared side by side if you had to guess? Cybernoid levels 1 and 2 are fine but level 3 is kind of freaking long given how many rooms have crap that swarms you can kills you immediately if you don't memorize the room sequence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_of_Sipan said:

Nice review! I love Cybernoid although my favorite version is the NES version. Less "shooter" Cybernoid is probably a good thing since the "shooter" parts of Cybernoid tend to be the most cheap parts of the game if I remember right.

This has 5 levels compared to the 3 in Cybernoid but how long are the individual levels compared side by side if you had to guess? Cybernoid levels 1 and 2 are fine but level 3 is kind of freaking long given how many rooms have crap that swarms you can kills you immediately if you don't memorize the room sequence.

Each world is 22-25 screens long.

World 5 is a little shorter than the others.

I think I posted a map of level 1 at the start of this thread, it's an older map, but it should give you an idea of the average size of the levels.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

Each world is 22-25 screens long.

World 5 is a little shorter than the others.

I think I posted a map of level 1 at the start of this thread, it's an older map, but it should give you an idea of the average size of the levels.

I love how world 3 looks- it would have been cool if there was an ARTI crossover. It reminded me of your HERO remake. 
World 4 is very reminencent of that disgusting bioworld from the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie. 

• Like 1

Fantastic review Vinnie! Cool seeing all the content, great synopsis of gameplay/sound/visuals (and of course over the top entertaining as always) 🤘 🤩

And congrats to Lewis, Bobby, and the whole EXO team on the rare rating achievement! Well deserved! 👏🏆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1