IGNORED

John Hancock's 2600 Homebrews - (in VCS Store)

Gunther

Guess what?  Catacombs of Chaos and Retro Game Quest are on the VCS Game store.  Have fun playing them!

Catacombs of Chaos

image.png.6f89227a217a16d4a420ddc5d04c7324.png
Retro Game Quest
image.png.67a137ca861ef397d6a47141c35db16e.png

Edited by justclaws
edited image formatting for clarity
  • Like 4

These look like a lot of fun, and I will definitely pickup both once I get home tonight. I am really digging the new 2600 games getting released on the VCS. They work great alongside the recharged titles and great indie releases that are already on the console. I feel like the new 2600 titles are helping give the VCS a unique identity as a console that it had been missing before.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2023 at 1:04 AM, greggmar said:

how can i play homebrew games?

You should just be able to purchase the homebrew game straight from the Atari VCS 800 game store, if the current zip code issue lets you. Once you purchase the game on the Atari VCS 800 you can then play said homebrew game on the device. It tends to work the same way on other platforms to if your not referring to playing the homebrew game on the Atari VCS 800.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, leech said:

Kind of curious if this could also entail some games being released on Steam via Atari?  (or what would be cool is a VCSLink app like the Steam Link app, so I could stream a game from the VCS to my Steam Deck...)

To get my games on steam, they would need to be reprogrammed into Unity.   I have reached out to a few companies to do this, but have not found anyone  interested yet.   

49 minutes ago, swlovinist said:

To get my games on steam, they would need to be reprogrammed into Unity.   I have reached out to a few companies to do this, but have not found anyone  interested yet.   

I've used Javatari to "port" Mini Dragon Chalice to the PC.  It's not perfect.  No way to encrypt/protect the game ROM and the scroll bar for resizing the window can be fiddly.

minidragonchalicepc.thumb.PNG.a5f5b649661a9e29a68f60bc029d4d72.PNG

• Like 1