IGNORED

How high a capacity SD card will work?

Have an Atari 800.  So I got my new Fujinet from Mozzwald and right away ordered up a new microSD for it.  Didn't consider at all whether capacity would be an issue and ordered a Lexar 512GB that was on sale from Amazon.  Haven't done anything with it but stick it in my Windows machine and copied my bazillion Atari files I usually just keep in a folder for TNFS.  It came formatted ExFat. About 800MB of stuff, only about 60MB is actually ATRs of some form or another.  It doesn't mount anything and the Fujinet freaks out and flickers and reboots. I have external power connected to it.  Is there a SD hardware max capacity?  I repartitioned it to have a 2GB partition and put everything on that and it seems to be happier.  I mean 2GB would fit every Atari file in the world, but go big right?  I could probably just use it in my phone and hunt up some old microSD I have laying around.

First of all, the SD card needs to be formatted as FAT-32, not exFAT. I don’t think FN supports exFAT. 

In addition, I’m not sure any SD cards over 32GB have been tested. My particular FN didn’t like the 32GB card I had and I replaced it with a 16GB card. I had no problems with ATX files after downsizing my SD card. 16GB is still more than enough for me to copy over any ATR and XEX files. 

Bob C