IGNORED

Why, in 2023, the 5200 is a better system then the XEGS despite having 1/4 the RAM (16K vs. 64K)

BIGHMW

8 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Hey! We just found the other "DAYS SINCE" counter - days since the last threat to shut down the channel.

Don't worry - a few hours later, he's posted another "DAYS SINCE" counter.  Getting the show restarted after he gets financially sorted :)  I'm going to need a bigger desk to make this calendar work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Don't worry - a few hours later, he's posted another "DAYS SINCE" counter.  Getting the show restarted after he gets financially sorted :)  I'm going to need a bigger desk to make this calendar work.

One of my neighbors, Mark Fulford, in whom I help out and do errands for, is already on it, he has been talking to a local guy he knows about getting a little gig on the side in which I might be able to make about a couple of hundred bucks a week under the rug, so to speak. Now it's all "hush-hush" but if I keep to my routine I mentioned in my previous post I think we can get this thing done and we can FINALLY get to some real serious business. Now this gig is only during the summer and possibly the fall, but there's some serious $$$ to be made out of this!!!

9 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Guys, thanks for the ideas on extra ways to boost the floundering numbers on my 3 YouTube channels and on those of the SuperReport, but as you see in the lack of numbers of both views and subscribers the Google/YouTube algorithms are biased/rigged against the smaller, more-original content creator=related channels and are rigged toward the "bigger" channels like those of these fake auto-tuned pop artists like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift who put out fake shit "music" and all of these other celebrities these idiot kids like nowadays, but I have been seriously thinking because of those floundering numbers and because the deck is stacked against us that maybe the time HAS COME for me to step down in this business.

You 100% get how the business works.  Now use it to your advantage!

Start a new SuperReport from scratch and pretend to be someone famous.  Never say you're that person, just insinuate it in a roundabout way.

For example, you've been handed the gift of being a Dollar Store version of Woody Harrelson.  If I saw a youtube video of you doing a SuperReport and the name of the channel was something like "I'm Woody!"  I'd be like how cool is that!!  Woody Harrelson is a fan of the 5200!  Instant click of the subscribe button from me.

Within weeks, you'll be on your way to a million subscribers.  As the channel explodes, you'll be able to get guests and even reoccurring guests.  You can interview for a George Wendt clone and have a Norm! soundtrack whenever he shows up.

YOU have the power to make the 5200 more popular in 2023 than it was in 1983!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Don't forget: there's also Woody Allen.  Imagine the possibilities of having two Woodies!

Hahaha, there is an awsome joke in there about a pecker, but that was an annoying cartoon.  But 3 Woodies are better than 2!

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Well since everybody is rambling about both the atari 5200 and the atari xegs system,i wonder who have both systems and make a picture of those systems side by side and without the keyboard sothat we can see the exact size differences between those two systems because am very curious about that,

Aside from that i think thr atari xe is much better then the atari 5200,because of it’s backwards compatibility with most to all atari 400/800 games,but i don’t own a atari xe but i do own the 2 port 5200 model and i love it😁

I (still) DO BOTH the 5200 and XEGS systems and can gladly get out my iPhone and take some shots of them side-by-side.

Anyway I have no plans whatsoever to go back on my word, I AM DONE with YouTube except for uploading highlights of vintage S.M.F. and AK47 shows on BIGHMW TV.

I WAS going to put up some videos of my "Inspirations" series (anklets/bracelets/necklaces/earrings/brooches) on my Ray Jackson YouTube channel for my somewhat floundering business venture of making custom handmade beaded jewelry I tried to start, called "Ray's Beads". The business has already gone to shit due to the lack of capital and the expenses involved (gas, trips to Michael's/Safeway/Claire's/Target/Walmart stores, etc. and online) as I only make $220.00/week and most of it goes to gas ($5.00+/gallon here in Washington, 2nd highest in the union) and I'm trying to get my apartment finished by January 1st, that and the lack of attention end exposure plus the lack of a brick-and-mortar consignment shop here in Port Townsend (mainly downtown) that has enough traffic coming into it so my product can get the exposure it needs, and I also already sold almost all of my filming and recording equipment months ago.

I have though, NO PLANS on selling any of my consoles unless absolutely necessary, as my payee (Bridge Builders/Guardian Institute, Sequim, WA) I have taking care of my Social Security since back in September is taking care of all of bills for me, I just do with my weekly paycheck from work as well as a $35.00/week allowance from my payee. However, due to my 2002 Beetle falling apart on me and not being able to afford any repairs on her (she needs about a dozen need on her, each costing hundreds of dollars I don't make, have, or get) I unfortunately have to quit my work at the end of the calendar year due to a lack of access to transportation to/from work (no bus service on Sundays, most federal holidays, or from 7:00 pm-8:00 am overnight in my very under-served rural area of Jefferson County) during my set hours (6:00 am-10:00 am) and have to sell my car (provided she doesn't die on me first) to generate some much-needed revenue to live off of, and also to get re-certified for a lower monthly rent. Plus I owe 1st Security Bank $350.00 and also PayPal $250.00 as well, that has also factored into my decision to quit work after the end of the year and just live off of whatever like everyone else here at Bishop Park does. 

We're already looking into getting me a "caregiver", mainly someone who can drive me on errands like doctor appointments, to/from the pharmacy/shopping errands like getting groceries, etc. at WalMart in Poulsbo or Sequim, both out-of-county, or clothing shopping at JC Penney or Target in Silverdale), so at least we'll have more money saved from no more gas plus I'll be getting $100.00+ in SNAP benefits on top of it too. I'll be fine otherwise, don't worry about me.

.....and yes we were going to make everything custom, handmade, from all sorts of different materials including silicone as seen in these pics.

Gemstones, plastic, acrylic, silicone, Czech glass, marble, wood, shells, etc. those were all going to be available in "The Dream Shop"!!!

Snapshot5(8-29-20239-08AM).png.642d169661e692d652b58ccd8cfb4291.pngSnapshot5(9-24-202311-59AM).png.6f826033b084c0a3444c3184a1ca0016.pngSnapshot6(9-24-20235-47AM).png.93561d2ff35b8f788e90f926a54b5ebf.png

RaysBeads-BusinessSignV2b(6).thumb.jpg.d70079a9f3cd516d87d03b36cccfde75.jpg

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I (still) DO BOTH the 5200 and XEGS systems and can gladly get out my iPhone and take some shots of them side-by-side.

Anyway I have no plans whatsoever to go back on my word, I AM DONE with YouTube except for uploading highlights of vintage S.M.F. and AK47 shows on BIGHMW TV.

I WAS going to put up some videos of my "Inspirations" series (anklets/bracelets/necklaces/earrings/brooches) on my Ray Jackson YouTube channel for my somewhat floundering business venture of making custom handmade beaded jewelry I tried to start, called "Ray's Beads". The business has already gone to shit due to the lack of capital and the expenses involved (gas, trips to Michael's/Safeway/Claire's/Target/Walmart stores, etc. and online) as I only make $220.00/week and most of it goes to gas ($5.00+/gallon here in Washington, 2nd highest in the union) and I'm trying to get my apartment finished by January 1st, that and the lack of attention end exposure plus the lack of a brick-and-mortar consignment shop here in Port Townsend (mainly downtown) that has enough traffic coming into it so my product can get the exposure it needs, and I also already sold almost all of my filming and recording equipment months ago.

I have though, NO PLANS on selling any of my consoles unless absolutely necessary, as my payee (Bridge Builders/Guardian Institute, Sequim, WA) I have taking care of my Social Security since back in September is taking care of all of bills for me, I just do with my weekly paycheck from work as well as a $35.00/week allowance from my payee. However, due to my 2002 Beetle falling apart on me and not being able to afford any repairs on her (she needs about a dozen need on her, each costing hundreds of dollars I don't make, have, or get) I unfortunately have to quit my work at the end of the calendar year due to a lack of access to transportation to/from work (no bus service on Sundays, most federal holidays, or from 7:00 pm-8:00 am overnight in my very under-served rural area of Jefferson County) during my set hours (6:00 am-10:00 am) and have to sell my car (provided she doesn't die on me first) to generate some much-needed revenue to live off of, and also to get re-certified for a lower monthly rent. Plus I owe 1st Security Bank $350.00 and also PayPal $250.00 as well, that has also factored into my decision to quit work after the end of the year and just live off of whatever like everyone else here at Bishop Park does. 

We're already looking into getting me a "caregiver", mainly someone who can drive me on errands like doctor appointments, to/from the pharmacy/shopping errands like getting groceries, etc. at WalMart in Poulsbo or Sequim, both out-of-county, or clothing shopping at JC Penney or Target in Silverdale), so at least we'll have more money saved from no more gas plus I'll be getting $100.00+ in SNAP benefits on top of it too. I'll be fine otherwise, don't worry about me.

.....and yes we were going to make everything custom, handmade, from all sorts of different materials including silicone as seen in these pics.

Gemstones, plastic, acrylic, silicone, Czech glass, marble, wood, shells, etc. those were all going to be available in "The Dream Shop"!!!

Snapshot5(8-29-20239-08AM).png.642d169661e692d652b58ccd8cfb4291.pngSnapshot5(9-24-202311-59AM).png.6f826033b084c0a3444c3184a1ca0016.pngSnapshot6(9-24-20235-47AM).png.93561d2ff35b8f788e90f926a54b5ebf.png

RaysBeads-BusinessSignV2b(6).thumb.jpg.d70079a9f3cd516d87d03b36cccfde75.jpg

Hi,since you do both own the atari 5200 and atari xe system,could you show them now side by side without the keyboard attached to the xe or don’t you have the time for it yet ???

i ask this because you may know that am really curious about those size differences between those two systems since both system have the same hardware inside with the only differences in ram size and bios,but also because,since atari cancled their atari 5200 jr system,the atari xe would be a great alternative of the atari 5200 albeit incompatible with 5200 games,but since most 5200 games are also on the xe,it shouldn’t be a letdown,

so that’s why i want to see an atari 5200 next to a atari xe to compare it’s size,and with that said,am gonna say thank you for that😁

• Like 1

I can do that, I can get both side by side and do a comparison photo of them next to each other, please note that not all 5200 games are available for the A8/XEGS, especially Tempest and also the entire Mean Hamster catalog as well as several independently produced homebrews, so please keep that in mind when deciding if you want one or the other what you’ll be missing by not getting both. Besides certain 5200 titles actually play better on the 5200 as they were developed mainly if not exclusively for her first, like Space Dungeon, Robotron, and of course, Countermeasure as well as the RealSports series of games.

Here are those photos you wanted 

IMG_0540.thumb.jpeg.9804882a2c066d55a5b81e806ad4480c.jpegIMG_0541.thumb.jpeg.421a5c980b60077cd8d3145196f2b5cc.jpegIMG_0542.thumb.jpeg.22698bc9d37ec396e8cc61b65fd4875c.jpeg

It’s always nice to have options isn’t it??? I busted my as off to reacquire my 2600 Jr., 7800 and XEGS, and I’m about to get all the multicarts back for them too and maybe rejuvenate The Atari Report by the start of the new year!!!

Edited by BIGHMW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 7:18 PM, BIGHMW said:

9 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

and I’m about to get all the multicarts back for them too and maybe rejuvenate The Atari Report by the start of the new year!!!

Well that was some super impressive turnaround time.  You gonna have enough "unretirements" to make Kiss jealous  😁

Glad to see things seem to be looking up for ya, and best of luck on the youtube hobby if you do rejuvenate it.  Hopefully you're doing it for the love of doing it instead of banking on it bringing fame n' fortune.  It'll likely never disappoint you that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Allpaul said:

I like this guy...

Thanks! I’m trying to “make it” in something, music didn’t work, YouTube didn’t work now the jewelry business, hopefully at the turn of the new year something will sprout up, I’ve just gotta keep the faith that it’ll all come out roses in the end. My payee is handling my bills so that is settled, it’s just the rest that’s up to me to make happen once again!!!

…. And I am trying to stay positive and stay at work rather than quitting and going on just social security knowing that will get me nowhere, it’s just that Port Townsend, WA is a tourism-dependent area and we are entering slow season right now at the most inopportuned time, I have had my hours cut back so I’ve just gotta hang in there!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stephen said:

5200 is not Big Sexy - that's big fat ass that needs to go on a diet!  I like them really slim.  Let me introduce to you - Tiny Sexy:

28.thumb.jpg.fbd6dca7cec8937cc9d98eea01d3f94c.jpg22.thumb.jpg.9cca1cf92f267310f82e68b8aa7007ba.jpg21.thumb.jpg.0967aef7c51407340387628b803d8129.jpg25.thumb.jpg.eacd93a2a6e0c6f4d264a56c63ffe8ec.jpg

But it can't fit 5200 carts!

14 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Hey @Stephen that’s quite an impressive unit

That's what she said.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Well that was some super impressive turnaround time.  You gonna have enough "unretirements" to make Kiss jealous  😁

Glad to see things seem to be looking up for ya, and best of luck on the youtube hobby if you do rejuvenate it.  Hopefully you're doing it for the love of doing it instead of banking on it bringing fame n' fortune.  I'll liklely never disappoint you that way.

Thanks for the encouragement, I’ll tell you Cindy Margolis let me down BIG-TIME to the point where I originally announced my retirement much to the shagrin of one infamous German dictator who was quick to point out that Cindy was to blame for it in the first place!!!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Hey @Stephen that’s quite an impressive unit, where did you get her or is that custom built???

She would definitely be fine for my home theater or home arcade setup!!!

Can perhaps a 5200-friendly version be made or only for A8/XEGS titles?

This was a project of one @mytek, named the "576 Nuc+".  I helped beta test when the PCB was being developed.  It is a recreation of an 8-bit computer, complete with FujiNet and cart port.  So no 5200 carts or controllers, but the full line of 8-bit software is there, and paddles, trackballs, everything works as it is original design.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

This was a project of one @mytek, named the "576 Nuc+".  I helped beta test when the PCB was being developed.  It is a recreation of an 8-bit computer, complete with FujiNet and cart port.  So no 5200 carts or controllers, but the full line of 8-bit software is there, and paddles, trackballs, everything works as it is original design.

Looks great, but to me the one thing that would make it worth the list price would have been 5200 compatibility, either built in or with an expander port including joystick ports. And perhaps a way to add 2 extra joystick ports for the 800 software as well... 

2 minutes ago, doug0909 said:

Looks great, but to me the one thing that would make it worth the list price would have been 5200 compatibility, either built in or with an expander port including joystick ports. And perhaps a way to add 2 extra joystick ports for the 800 software as well... 

How would you propose making a single PCB on a tiny 4.25" square PCB accommodate both the 5200 and A8 hardware mappings?  This new PCB uses all the original components and just less "glue logic".  It is "just another 8-bit variant".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1