IGNORED

Most recent binaries for the games of mine being pulled. All in one place.

PacManPlus

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

This is something that @Defender_2600, @RevEng, @Trebor, @tep392, @Atariboy2600 and myself worked on for a bit.  It's a final updated version of the original Pac-Man Collection, for your multicarts.  

Here's what's been done:

• Most (if not all) of the graphics have been altered (for the better) by Defender_2600
  • I was given a multitude of color changes by both Defender_2600 and Trebor
  • Removed the 'dashes' in the attract mode for Pac-Man
  • Implemented TIA sounds from the 40th Anniversary here

Here they are - please keep in mind these are NOT the 40th Anniversary ones, but the original version upgraded:

Pokey Version:

Pac-Man Collection - Ultimate Edition (POKEY) (4000) (PAL) (20231107) (0D71DB9A).bin

Pac-Man Collection - Ultimate Edition (POKEY) (4000) (PAL) (20231107) (0D71DB9A).a78

Pac-Man Collection - Ultimate Edition (POKEY) (4000) (NTSC) (20231107) (FD2F3867).bin

Pac-Man Collection - Ultimate Edition (POKEY) (4000) (NTSC) (20231107) (FD2F3867).a78

TIA Version:

Pac-Man Collection - Remastered Edition (TIA) (PAL) (20230807) (5CD69784).bin

Pac-Man Collection - Remastered Edition (TIA) (PAL) (20230807) (5CD69784).a78

Pac-Man Collection - Remastered Edition (TIA) (NTSC) (20230807) (A3AC92B3).bin

Pac-Man Collection - Remastered Edition (TIA) (NTSC) (20230807) (A3AC92B3).a78

image.thumb.png.a8147a318e66d90fd112637bb6911d63.png

Enjoy!

Edited by PacManPlus
Files wouldn't attach...
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 11

Guys -

Thank you, but please understand.

I had mentioned in the original post that this was for the multi-carts.  I didn't want to bog Al down with having to now switch to a different version; God knows he has enough going on.  In fact, this update has been done for a while and I held off on posting it for this very reason.

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if it would be possible to get @Albert to 'update' those of us who bought carts when these were originally released (and therefore got them before the final sale) to the 'current' version? 

Also, @PacManPlus is there any chance of your games getting a different distributor and possibly getting re-released? Similar to how Champ Games 2600 releases are done on their own now instead of through AA? 

Edited by SearsRoebuck

2 hours ago, SearsRoebuck said:

I wonder if it would be possible to get @Albert to 'update' those of us who bought carts when these were originally released (and therefore got them before the final sale) to the 'current' version? 

Also, @PacManPlus is there any chance of your games getting a different distributor and possibly getting re-released? Similar to how Champ Games 2600 releases are done on their own now instead of through AA? 

@PacManPlus, made clear his desire and intent.

On 12/30/2023 at 8:18 AM, PacManPlus said:

Guys -

Thank you, but please understand.

I had mentioned in the original post that this was for the multi-carts.  I didn't want to bog Al down with having to now switch to a different version; God knows he has enough going on.  In fact, this update has been done for a while and I held off on posting it for this very reason.

Thanks,

Bob

With Bob's desire and intent for the Pac-Man Collection update release is for the multi-carts and not to bog Al down with switching versions, how much more so that would be the case for all previous sold cartridges for any (other) title and updating them.  That would be a logistics (and cost) nightmare for @Albert

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SearsRoebuck said:

Oh I meant I would pay for it, I wasn't expected a free upgrade. 

Even if ALL costs were covered, though I do not believe the total cost of everything such an undertaking would encompass is fully realized, the logistics piece and Bob's intent and desire is being overlooked.

Albert entertaining the idea of upgrading cartridges containing titles no longer sold in the store, means he is still actively promoting and supporting them.  Their removal from the store includes stop actively promoting and supporting the titles.  Further, as mentioned, Bob's posting of these files is intended for multi-cart usage and not upgrading cartridges previously sold.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...