IGNORED

7800 Failsafe (Homebrew) - (in VCS Store)

PacManPlus

Hey Guys:

Just wanted to get out there that the game I did for the 7800 - 'Failsafe' - which is sort of a 'Countermeasure II', will be put in the VCS store (7800 section) tonight or tomorrow.  I wasn't sure if I was allowed to talk about this but I was given the green light. :)

Thanks all!

Bob

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

Hey Guys:

Just wanted to get out there that the game I did for the 7800 - 'Failsafe' - which is sort of a 'Countermeasure II', will be put in the VCS store (7800 section) tonight or tomorrow.  I wasn't sure if I was allowed to talk about this but I was given the green light. :)

Thanks all!

Bob

Maybe you'll be informed that you were not allowed to talk about it until after it comes out?

• Like 1

WAIT!!! Who said you could say something....

Just kidding.  We are happy to have Bob join us on the VCS. We look forward to more things to come and hope Bob is open to us coming to him for his stellar 7800 programming skills!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

Hey Guys:

Thanks all!

Bob

This is awesome news.  I have owned the game on cartridge since it was released and I will definitely be buying it again on the VCS to support you, Bob.  You are absolutely awesome on the 7800.  I hope you would be open to making some arcade conversions that Atari has the copyrights of.  There are some awesome new Stern acquisitions that Atari recently did and other games that could use your treatment on. Thanks again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, justclaws said:

Bought, and played for a while. It looks great!
I'm so happy to see more homebrew games for Atari coming to the VCS...

Should the VCS Store have a link to a manual for the game though?
Probably I'm missing something...

The manual is in the Details section for the game, tab on the bottom of the info text screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent game! Picked it up this morning for my Atari VCS 800 and have played it for a good hour so far. I really want to get this on cart now for my Atari 7800 collection. I'm new to homebrew on the 7800 and only started collecting for the console around a year ago so still picking up some of the official releases but will certainly be looking to pick up some homebrew releases for the system on cart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I've noticed Failsafe is no longer in the Atari VCS store, is this a glitch or has the game been pulled for another reason? Glad i purchased it when i did now.

Not sure what happened, but Failsafe was Unpublished.  It was probably some backend engineer monkeying around, but I restored Failsafe to a Published state.  Thanks for alerting us on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...