IGNORED

E.X.O. Digital Edition Available to Order.

Muddyfunster

E.X.O. Digital Edition will be available to order from 2nd July 2023.

Orders will open at 3pm EST, 8PM UK, on 2nd July 2023.

ROMS will be delivered on 4th and 5th July via PM or Email (depending on how you ordered).

Each ROM will be serialised and watermarked to the buyer.

The Digital Edition includes the E.X.O. ROM and colour PDF pilot manual.

Compatibility and Pricing :

image.png.85fc90e6083c9a5a73622486bbbd49a7.png

Concerto Carts are not supported at this time due to the size of the ROM. This may change when CEM#1 becomes available.

Prosystem based emulators are not supported. 

The ROM may work on other multicarts or emulators but they are not explicitly supported. You may experience glitches with graphics or music or crashes. 

Ordering

You can order by private message or email (muddyvision@btinternet.com).

I will then provide you PAYPAL details to complete your order.

Once payment is completed, your order will be finalised and ROM + PDF sent on 4th and 5th July, or within 48 hours if you order after 4th July.

Terms & Conditions

Please check the compatibility of your chosen multi cart or emulator before ordering - if in doubt, try one of the E.X.O. demos that are available as there are no returns!

If E.X.O. release ROM is ever updated due to a fix or other reason, an updated ROM will be provided to you free of charge.

ROMS are for your own use on any platform that will play the rom, you many not distribute or share them.

Any questions, please ask!

E.X.O. Digital Edition :

⦁    PDF colour instruction manual
⦁    Personalised ROM with unique serial number.
⦁    5 full worlds for the player to explore and defeat, each with unique a graphical theme and environment, from industrial factories to ruined ancient temples.
⦁    5 end of level bosses to defeat.
⦁    4 hidden Key Stones to unlock.
⦁    15 Pokey Tunes for your audio enjoyment.
⦁    Multiple easter eggs to discover and unlock (such as the POKEY music player).
⦁    More than 100 screens in total.
⦁    HSC, GD7800HSC, AtariVox and Savekey support for saving progress and unlocks (3 save slots).
⦁    AtariVox speech supported for boss fights.
⦁    Cinematic Viewer so that you can revisit past glories.
⦁    Comprehensive "how to play" tutorial in game.
⦁    PAL and NTSC compatible.
⦁    32kb of music and sound effects, over 80kb of graphics.

0026.thumb.png.166cdc436f8b97f9482af1d3e6102807.png0033.thumb.png.6336b2d4dd9f63098b991d8476152d66.png

0028.thumb.png.4d479f635d3e393fcc86f7bbc71fbdc4.png0044.thumb.png.54168e908405a3a25fd9560f73b792fd.png

0037.thumb.png.432ed9506319c8aa62b18f023d736acb.png0032.thumb.png.c9b14214ccc679229b049c4c1f1b3181.png

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 22

5 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

Thanks Guys :)

I must admit, I'd never heard of Blaster Master. A quick google search later and I can see what you mean. Some nice tilework on Blaster Master too. Will give that a look on the MiSTer.

I had a childhood friend who had an NES and BM so it should have stuck out more to me. If EXO had portions  where you left the craft, then it would definitely jump out as a BM-type game.

There was a Blaster Master 2 on the Genesis but that's one I've never played. It has some nice music from what I've heard online though. 

• Like 1

Although it never got a physical official release, there was also a wonderful game for the Genesis/MD called ResQ that had you pilot a ship in a similar fashion shooting things, finding keys etc. And the goal was to save trapped miners. You would land the ship, get out and traverse on foot to get to the trapped miners and then have them follow you back to the ship to be saved. Awesome game with an amazing soundtrack done by the Matt Furniss.

E.X.O. shares a lot with ResQ as well now that I think about it...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 3:00 PM, Muddyfunster said:

Thanks Guys :)

I must admit, I'd never heard of Blaster Master. A quick google search later and I can see what you mean. Some nice tilework on Blaster Master too. Will give that a look on the MiSTer.

I was inspired by the music for the similarly themed level on Blaster Master when I did the music for the organic Area 4 on E.X.O.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, MegaManFan said:

If I buy this one will it work on the Game Drive? I didn’t see it on the list of supported devices. 

It will definitely work on the Game Drive and has been extensively tested on that device.

I've listed the compatibility in the original post as the GD7800 (Game Drive 7800) instead of 7800GD, I'll correct that later :) 

Corrected.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Important notice for 7800GD users:

Running the EXO ROM on 7800GD I recommend that you disable the break function.

On the 7800GD, select your E.X.O. ROM and go to GAME OPTIONS and set break to BREAK DISABLED.

This fixes two things:

1) Some screens get some minor slowdown with BREAK ENABLED (mostly on boss fights).
2) Atari VOX speech on Boss fights doesn't work with BREAK ENABLED.

• Thanks 2