IGNORED

Intellevision/Atari 2600 System Changer

Crash7

I recently bought an Atari 2600 System Charger for the Intellivision because somebody told me on here that they thought my Super Pro System deck had Intellivision II software in it, so I figured it would work right?

Well it kind of works, it recognizes it, but it doesn't display the right game.

The image below is what I see when I turn it on, you can see the Intellivision light is lit and you can see the cartridge, which is Phoenix, is in the changer.

I do not own any M Network cartridges for the 2600, I have no idea why that says that, I'm guessing that was the last 2600 game played using this?

I wanted to give somebody here who has the Intellivision II first crack to buy this thing, I only paid $60 including shipping and that's all I'm asking for.

If it does not work I will give a complete refund.

I wanted to list it here before I went the eBay route where I purchased it from.  

DM me if interested.

Thanks.....

20230710_114728.jpg

Edited by Crash7
Wrong headline

Before you give up - I believe both the original model and the Intv III / Super Pro System required an internal modification to work with the System Changer (there's tons of documentation on the internet how to do this).  What you're seeing is typical when you plug a changer into an incompatible system.

So, if you're handy with a soldering iron you might be able to get this working.

• Like 1

I've made it clear on this forum before I'm not exactly the most handy person in the world as far as being mechanically inclined. So I'm not willing to risk blowing up my almost new SPS system I got on eBay LOL

I'm happy that it plays Venture from the UK, plus the 2021 release of GORF that I found out about 4 months ago was like CollectorVision read my mind.

I'll take those two games along with the original Intellivision games and call it a day. 😁

Edited by Crash7

7 hours ago, Crash7 said:

I recently bought an Atari 2600 System Charger for the Intellivision because somebody told me on here that they thought my Super Pro System deck had Intellivision II software in it, so I figured it would work right?

Well it kind of works, it recognizes it, but it doesn't display the right game.

The image below is what I see when I turn it on, you can see the Intellivision light is lit and you can see the cartridge, which is Phoenix, is in the changer.

I do not own any M Network cartridges for the 2600, I have no idea why that says that, I'm guessing that was the last 2600 game played using this?

I wanted to give somebody here who has the Intellivision II first crack to buy this thing, I only paid $60 including shipping and that's all I'm asking for.

If it does not work I will give a complete refund.

I wanted to list it here before I went the eBay route where I purchased it from.  

DM me if interested.

Thanks.....

20230710_114728.jpg

As retrogmr pointed out, it's the hardware not the software that makes an Intellivision II compatible with the system changer.  Something to do with a cartridge pin wiring.  The Mnetwork title is built into the system changer rom, you're seeing the Intellivision display rather than the system changer video which is on a cartridge pin that's not connected.

• Thanks 1

I'll leave this up here for a week or so and if I get no bites I'll then try the eBay route.

But you guys on this forum have helped me a lot since I got back into the retro gaming world so I wanted to give this board first chance. 

34 minutes ago, Crash7 said:

I'll leave this up here for a week or so and if I get no bites I'll then try the eBay route.

But you guys on this forum have helped me a lot since I got back into the retro gaming world so I wanted to give this board first chance. 

6 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

No one mentioned it yet here,but I seem to recall the system changer was designed to work on Intellivision 2's but not Intellivision 1's.

I may be wrong about that.

I did find this info:Screenshot_20230710_201516_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fdb2b696c5bf81616b030def5e2cfc96.jpg

Screenshot_20230710_202426_Chrome.jpg

Pretty sure if you wait a day and enough people see your post,someone will want to purchase it!👍

8 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

If the insides of your Super Pro are really the same as an Inty2, then do you know if your Atari cart is functional? 

Do you have another cart to try? 

What state are you in? There may be others here that may be to lend a hand. 

It would only be the exec rom from the Intellivision II.  Everything else would be like a 2609 on the inside, with the system changer video pin not connected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crash7 said:

Nope

Same green screen with Yard Revenge damn it. 

I know that cart works. 

Yes, that is expected based on this:

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

It would only be the exec rom from the Intellivision II.  Everything else would be like a 2609 on the inside, with the system changer video pin not connected.

So in very basic terms, you have an Inty 1 mainboard but with Inty 2 software running on it (that's why Coleco carts don't work on your system).

You have a hybrid.

You need to perform the modification that has already been mentioned and noted here:

Intellivision System Changer Support Modification - Intellivision Wiki

• Like 1