IGNORED

Avoid Best Electronics

cwilbar

Just as a general warning.... avoid Best Electronics.

I appreciate the fact that they have served the Atari community for so long, but Bradley is just too difficult to deal with.

I requested to purchase 4 parts and received a response that they are so busy that there is a 3 part minimum.  Yet I was trying to buy 4 parts.

Instead of helping clear up the confusion, the last response I received was to have me re-read over his last e-mail carefully.

I have reread it several times, and unless I lost an e-mail it doesn't clear anything up for me.

Three of four subsequent e-mails have resulted in him simply ghosting me.  I did my best to keep it professional as I'm truly thankful that someone out there is there for the community, but when the interactions go this way, that isn't really 'being there' for the community.

Be warned, they are no longer easy to deal with, and your interactions and success may vary greatly.

Just a warning for those desiring to do business with them.

It is a sad day for me, and while I do not do many side jobs repairing Ataris, I will be eliminating my side repair of Atari systems.

My repair that started this all is an 822 printer for a fellow forum member that I am trying to fix.  There is limited (and in many cases; one) place(s) to get parts, and I no longer want to deal with their bullshit attitude and ghosting.  It is a bad way to treat the customers that are keeping them alive in business.

Sadly,

-- Curt

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He's always nice to me, but I rarely get my order. Last one was a 65xe mobo to fix one killed by MT ram, that got delivered to "God knows who", with all claims denied. Last successful order was over a year ago, and it got dropped off at main property office. I won't order again, unless I can choose anything but USPS. All that Atari box tape just begs "steal me", lol I have to keep it all small stuff, to have a chance of arrival.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cwilbar said:

Just as a general warning.... avoid Best Electronics.

I appreciate the fact that they have served the Atari community for so long, but Bradley is just too difficult to deal with.

I requested to purchase 4 parts and received a response that they are so busy that there is a 3 part minimum.  Yet I was trying to buy 4 parts.

I think the problem here is that he likely meant three part MAXIMUM.  I've heard that before (that he likes to limit people).

7 minutes ago, Tillek said:

I think the problem here is that he likely meant three part MAXIMUM.  I've heard that before (that he likes to limit people).

This is true. When i wanted excess items to have back up years ago he wouldnt. I think its to prevent resale. Sucks when in my case it was to have back ups mot to sell. I dont sell my atari stuff. Learned that lesson long ago

Right... I have a similar problem with 1200xl keyboards.  I have about 4 bad ones right now.  Not 3.  Not 2.  So if I want to fix all of them... too bad.  I'd rather do them all in one fell swoop instead of in batches.

So instead, I'll just wait till someone does a mechanical switch solution like they did with the 800 and 130xe.

Same here, I had a list of 9 items, but then he replied that one of my items was a Pokey and I ordered a Pokey 3 year ago...

So I said, oh sorry I thought 1 pokey limit was per order, not per individual. No big deal, what is the total for the other 8 items?... Maximum order 3 items, I am too busy... Okay, let me think, this, this and this. So my order instead of $140 is now $60, makes no sense... If he is too busy, it is better one walk around the warehouse for $140 than one walk (probably a bit shorter) around the warehouse for $60... Anyway I said yes. But now I am only accepting Google pay, but only using and Android device since Google pay for iPhone does not work, and the account has to be from checking account because if you add credit account to Google there is something... I guess a fee or something. At that point I gave up. I don't need the Atari 810 badge that bad, and I can survive without an original cartridge now I don't remember, and just have to say goodbye to the Blitter for Atari ST, and the replacement cable for the Atari st mouse, and etc, etc, etc.

• Like 2

He is either running low on fuel, already... and losing altitude... or working full-time somewhere else.

If anyone wonders how the warehouse looks like, well... just scroll their web-page... 😁

My view of B.E. changed DRASTICALLY when I walked-in IN PERSON around 2017 (happened to be in re are for entirely different reasons, and actually NEEDED parts...) The warning signs were already there...

Since then I have been (successfully) sourcing my parts from other places. NOT what I actually wanted, but it was better that way...

Edited by Faicuai

Last time I ordered was about a year ago I think? I had 3 main items I needed for another AA members system I was working on. I actually called him during his business hours, although he didn't initially pick up and answer until the first hour had passed to do so.

And I had the PNs ready for him and at the end I stated that I knew he had a 3 item limit but that if at all possible it would be excellent if he could get a 4th item in there for me. He stated he couldn't guarantee it and I gave him my card info and waiting. 4 days later the items I ordered arrived safe and sound, and...

He included the 4th item as well that I requested. I kinda knew already as he had placed the charge on my card of course and I could tell by the amount. Still, I do think calling him up on the phone and having stuff ready so he doesn't have to research it on his own will go a LONG way as it did with my last order with him.

• Like 3

I have always called Brad and never had a problem.  If you play by his rules (I know, it shouldn't have to be like that) then the transaction should go off without a hitch.  I will echo CrossBow and say to definitely have your customer number, part numbers (unfortunately a maximum of only three), and credit card number ready to go so as to keep the transaction moving.  Brad, like a woman about to get married, hates to be kept waiting at the altar. 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cwilbar said:

Just a warning for those desiring to do business with them.

He's a special type of special, which doesn't excuse this type behaviour.  Except, it does.  Because he has inventory people want.  If you can play by these special rules:

Image1.thumb.jpg.f7f127098f336551242781f6d86308d5.jpg

Image2.jpg.10975f4c513de0ac52f610f71880db65.jpg

Image3.jpg.9e1985d2a759bda8b0b57541d1c1b13e.jpg

If you manage that, you are winning.  If not, the princess is in another castle.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, manterola said:

Same here, I had a list of 9 items, but then he replied that one of my items was a Pokey and I ordered a Pokey 3 year ago...

So I said, oh sorry I thought 1 pokey limit was per order, not per individual. No big deal, what is the total for the other 8 items?... Maximum order 3 items, I am too busy... Okay, let me think, this, this and this. So my order instead of $140 is now $60, makes no sense... If he is too busy, it is better one walk around the warehouse for $140 than one walk (probably a bit shorter) around the warehouse for $60... Anyway I said yes. But now I am only accepting Google pay, but only using and Android device since Google pay for iPhone does not work, and the account has to be from checking account because if you add credit account to Google there is something... I guess a fee or something. At that point I gave up. I don't need the Atari 810 badge that bad, and I can survive without an original cartridge now I don't remember, and just have to say goodbye to the Blitter for Atari ST, and the replacement cable for the Atari st mouse, and etc, etc, etc.

I've never done business with Best but find this very curious.  It seems really strange that he does business like this and then is able to keep track of how many Pokey's each individual orders.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reifsnyderb said:

I've never done business with Best but find this very curious.  It seems really strange that he does business like this and then is able to keep track of how many Pokey's each individual orders.

They are testing BradBot GPT…..

Good to see that this subject has resurfaced.  Not having any actively running threads about The Crash™, demands for titles to be ported from the A8 to the 5200 and back again, or What If Atari Sold the NES Instead of Nintendo has left me - and, I am certain, others - in uncomfortably unfamiliar territory lately.

May the soothing balm of Brad's business practices wash over us all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9