IGNORED

Call for help fixing ATX support.

Continuing work on regaining 100% #Atari8bit ATX support on #FujiNet: TL:DR: Sometimes fixes that we need to apply to earlier versions of our toolchain, no longer need to be applied, and need to be removed. 

This happened with regards to having to re-initialize the UART when the FujiNet is reset via the reset button. Removing this fix, fixed the slight timing skew being introduced when the FujiNet was warm-started.

Finding this was only possible because the I/O beeps sounded slower after a warm reset. It made me remember a fix we had to apply when moving to 3.x of the toolkit, which we only knew about because an Espressif engineer replied at just the right moment.

So I removed the fix and pushed to master (https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/blob/master/lib/hardware/fnUART.cpp#L66), and almost all of the standard set of ATX protection suite tests now pass. (see pics)

atx1.thumb.png.fdb7c9fb6788b7d3e7bab7b38286310e.pngatx2.thumb.png.b58d071a3d89b69abef72891426bd24b.png

But some titles still do not boot, or introduce weird errors in game play, e.g. later Synapse and Datasoft titles. 

For anyone wanting to help, the code we're focusing on the ATX media type (https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/blob/master/lib/media/atari/diskTypeAtx.cpp)

-Thom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Atari8guy said:

Just curious, have/will these fixes be pushed into a firmware update?  or are you waiting to fix the Synapse titles?  (I was using syncalc quite a bit, but it's not urgent - there are hacked versions to run).

they will be. to be announced.

-Thom

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Atari8guy said:

Just curious, have/will these fixes be pushed into a firmware update?  or are you waiting to fix the Synapse titles?  (I was using syncalc quite a bit, but it's not urgent - there are hacked versions to run).

Have you tried my Syncalc Ultimate? 

• Like 1