IGNORED

Scorch - physical release

Mq.

The team has gathered again, and we decided to prepare another edition for fans. This time, we've collaborated with @pirx and @Pecus and are working on a physical release of their game, Scorch. Here's the original extensive thread about the game:

The cartridge will include the game, a comprehensive instruction manual, and a hidden humorous surprise 🙂

The game will be released on a cartridge, in a boxed version similar to FloB, Tensor, onEscape. Since the creators love continuously developing new versions and improvements indefinitely, the cartridge will have the option for updates from the Atari system. So, if by any chance, a new version of the game comes out after its release, you'll be able to update the cartridge.

@bocianu , who has experience in graphic design for print, is once again in charge of creating the artwork, maintaining the game's atmosphere in his drawings. This atmosphere will immerse the player from the moment they see the box, the instruction manual, and all other graphic elements.

As for the production of electronics, assembly, and distribution, I ( @Mq. ) am taking care of it.

Below, I've attached mockups of how the edition will roughly look like. Of course, these are just design graphics prepared on the computer, and we'll include actual photos later on.

image.thumb.jpeg.13a0f69f15398a75786f3398b340c8f1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7ad684e988339b8f790dcf1cb4579b2a.jpeg

The cartridges will be similar to previous editions: with gold-plated contacts and the best available @Sikor cases on the market.

The price of the game is $49, (plus $7 shipping costs).

You can sign up for a pre-order by writing me an e-mail, PM, or just a message in this thread.

The game will be available for shipping in the second half of August, more or less (if everything goes according to plan). When the game is ready for shipment, I’ll individually contact everyone via PM to inform about payment and shipping details.

• Like 9

Having a major cold of some sort may have clouded my ability to comprehend or associate something...

Father Unknown of All Games.... I am not making the connections...

are you calling it...

The Bastard Child of All Games?

The Bastard of All Games?

Edited by _The Doctor__

@Beeblebrox For a current version of Scorch game, there is no saving anything on the cart. The game was originally prepared for work from a single xex file and to fit in Atari memory. The authors was working on this game programming since about '60s previous age (a little joke), so I don't think they would do anything more just now 🙂

4 minutes ago, Mq. said:

@Beeblebrox For a current version of Scorch game, there is no saving anything on the cart. The game was originally prepared for work from a single xex file and to fit in Atari memory. The authors was working on this game programming since about '60s previous age (a little joke), so I don't think they would do anything more just now 🙂

No worries, understood. :)

• 1 month later...

The holiday period was a time for laziness, and it simply passed quickly, and before we knew it, the holidays were over. During this time, work on the release of Scorch was still progressing, but I must admit that it was very slowly. In September, everyone on the team got down to work and we are moving forward. We are slowly getting closer to our goal. I am attaching photos from the battlefield - the cartridge electronics are already assembled and placed in brand new cases from Sikor.

If you have not signed up yet and would like to buy a physical game, you are welcome, we will produce as many copies as needed.

image.thumb.jpeg.edb635e93e421c098cbc4ac9ad90cede.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2ca65bcd978f93c60d08af746a5805dc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e37be46ce1cb7a046a2caec590ef8e92.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1