IGNORED

EDIT: Out of stock :(. INTEREST CHECK::GROUP BUY:: 138 in 1 MVS Multicart

36 minutes ago, thanatos said:

That didn't seem helpful having to go through that 20 minute video.  I have an MVS 2-slot cabinet and don't want to mess with the video connections.  I shall back out to let @Charlie Cat get it.

Ok, I’m sorry :(  I was painting our house as were prepping for sale and had seen that video that educated me prior and quickly passed it on. Sorry I wasn’t in a position to better help at the time, figured that would be easier to understand than a quick post from me   

Edited by Cobra Strike Down
  • Like 1

Video connections?

The badly setup design of the 138 has an obnoxious daughter board and won't play nice naturally on multi-slot systems.  The DIP switch let's you remove the daughterboard from the 138 and use the switches to manually select the game you want before turning on the machine.  Annoying?  Yes, but at least it's an option, and may make one more likely to stick with a game than jump all over the place too.  Since I keep my arcade cabinet in my room on freeplay for just me and the kid, I don't have the CPO latched down.  It would be fairly easy to keep a print out of the switch settings and just tip the sticks back and pick another title with the power off.

@thanatos Ah yeah if you want to hook it up to other stuff, or if you're using a single slot that is useful as that's where they foolishly stored the main menu among other bits that aren't the actual games.

@ColecoGamer Yes, you attach that to the cable coming off the actual 138 primary cart, it allows you without the daughter board to pick which game you want to boot up.  You flip the dipswitches using a key that's given, and pick which title you want, turn the system on after setting it, and it boots to just that game.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

As do I... I'm sorry. At least you don't have a 400 dollar charge on your credit card you're now trying to get refunded

No doubt, aliexpress will take care of it, but it can day a few days from my understanding.  Well I'll shove the part inside of my 2 slot with my original bios chip (unibios4 installed) and if I ever come across one of them, at least if it's not someone playing some extortion pricing, I'll be ready.  I'll just have to create a search for it on a couple places where they rarely still do pop up.  Thanks for trying though.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...