IGNORED

Dino Rage Atari VCS/Steam WIP

I'm making a fighting game for the Jaguar and have decided to use the Linux version of the MUGEN engine to create a VCS version of the game as well a Windows/Steam version of the game. Below are the videos of the different builds. They are still very much a work in progress but I still decided to share here. Stay tuned for more updates.

Atari Jaguar Version WIP

Atari VCS/Steam vesion WIP

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Citation required for your response.

From the download page:

image.thumb.png.1f277b498054ff8115755e673ac3a5ed.png

https://www.filehorse.com/download-mugen/

I apologize I was incorrect, the version of the engine that is open and free for commercial use is I.K.E.M.A.N. Go. It uses the same file types as mugen and that is what will be used for distribution not the original MUGEN.exe from electebyte

there isn't even a stable version of the original mugen for Linux only I.K.E.M.A.N. Go

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

here is the quote from the ikeman go license

"

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

The MIT License applies to the Ikemen GO engine and the scripts in this repo."

I think it'll be awesome owning this on the Atari Jaguar and on the Atari VCS 800. Ill have my Atari Jaguar set up with the CRT on one side of the desk and the Atari VCS 800 and 4k monitor on the other and have both versions of the game running at the same time just to be weird 🤣. Will the Atari Jaguar version be released as a digital game to for the game drive or physical only?

5 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I think it'll be awesome owning this on the Atari Jaguar and on the Atari VCS 800. Ill have my Atari Jaguar set up with the CRT on one side of the desk and the Atari VCS 800 and 4k monitor on the other and have both versions of the game running at the same time just to be weird 🤣. Will the Atari Jaguar version be released as a digital game to for the game drive or physical only?

The Jaguar version will be a 6 MB physical cart release. Fully boxed with instructions and all of the typical bells and whistles. Once released I will be temporarily suspending all of my other Jaguar games sales (6 months to a year) to only produce this product as the pcb boards and chips for a 6 MB Jaguar game are different parts I do not want to have a surplus of different parts on hand, also it will just help the overall release of this game if it is the only one being produced  

The VCS version will contain a lot of extra features due to running off the I.K.E.M.E.N. GO engine. It will have online play, story mode, survival, tag team and even some bonus games

The Jag version will likely be finished first and the VCS/Steam version will come after. How far into the extra modes and features I dive deep into will determine the gap between the releases.

If Dino Rage does well I will port the VCS/Steam version to other platforms as well like Switch, PS4, PS5 and XBOX

As for running the 2 versions side by side I actually encourage that you do that! I'm trying to get the 2 to look as close to one another as possible even though the VCS version will be light years ahead of what I create for the Jag

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

The Jaguar version will be a 6 MB physical cart release. Fully boxed with instructions and all of the typical bells and whistles. Once released I will be temporarily suspending all of my other Jaguar games sales (6 months to a year) to only produce this product as the pcb boards and chips for a 6 MB Jaguar game are different parts I do not want to have a surplus of different parts on hand, also it will just help the overall release of this game if it is the only one being produced  

The VCS version will contain a lot of extra features due to running off the I.K.E.M.E.N. GO engine. It will have online play, story mode, survival, tag team and even some bonus games

The Jag version will likely be finished first and the VCS/Steam version will come after. How far into the extra modes and features I dive deep into will determine the gap between the releases.

If Dino Rage does well I will port the VCS/Steam version to other platforms as well like Switch, PS4, PS5 and XBOX

As for running the 2 versions side by side I actually encourage that you do that! I'm trying to get the 2 to look as close to one another as possible even though the VCS version will be light years ahead of what I create for the Jag

Nice I'll be interested in picking up a copy for the Atari Jaguar when its all finished, provided it can be shipped to the UK of course and ill definitely be purchasing the Atari VCS 800 version. If you manage to get the game up and running on the Atari VCS with online play that would be greatly appreciated by the Atari VCS community, we only have Utopos online and its pretty much dead and abandoned at this point, i always see people on the Atari VCS Discord wanting to do some online gaming on the system so this will go down well i imagine 🙂

• Like 2

Really looking forward to this when its ready! I know its coming out on the Atari Jaguar and Atari VCS 800 and i plan on purchasing it on both systems but i do wonder if it would somehow be possible to get it up and running on the new Atari 2600 plus at some point in the future and release it as a physical cartridge on there to 🙂

• Confused 2

On 8/23/2023 at 9:04 PM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I thought with the specs of the new 2600 plus it might somehow be possible if the device is open to homebrew, my bad if it cant be done it was only a what if .  Rockchip 3128 SOC microprocessor with 256MB DDR3 RAM 

I'm not sure if that can be done. However who knows whats under the hood of that thing!

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:04 PM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I thought with the specs of the new 2600 plus it might somehow be possible if the device is open to homebrew, my bad if it cant be done it was only a what if .  Rockchip 3128 SOC microprocessor with 256MB DDR3 RAM 

Pretty much it's an Evercade that can only dump retail era 2600 carts and emulate them.  So, no direct access to the hardware for third party ARM games.

Atari missed an opportunity to have their simpler VCS store games re-compiled for ARM and sold on these.

I might jump over to vcs dev soon since we have been talking about it and I was asked to do so a few months ago from members that want me to support the vcs.I'm going to wait and see what Atari does when they take over,let vcs devs get harassed by members and mods that don't do anything or put a stop to that behavior.

Edited by Jag_Mag

"Albert Yarusso will continue to oversee AtariAge on a day-to-day basis and manage the forums, supported by volunteer global and individual forum moderators. In addition, Al will become Atari’s new internal historian, and will continue to work with homebrew developers seeking to bring new titles to market."

Same mods and nothing changes,nope I'm out

Edited by Jag_Mag
  • Confused 1