IGNORED

FujiNet needs maintainers for each platform.

TL:DR FujiNet needs your help as maintainers.

This is a hard post to write, mostly because I am needing to balance being straight to the point, while providing enough context on a very complex subject.

FujiNet has grown into a larger project, with an increasing number of platforms being brought up. This project comprises not only the firmware that runs on the ESP32 hardware itself, but also the configuration program, and various application libraries and programs.

While I have a hand in all of these things, I can't have my hands in every bit of it, all at once, so I am asking for people in each respective #retrocomputing community to step up and help maintain their respective ports. I will take the time to teach whatever is needed.

We need people who can help with: Adding unit testing to both firmware and applications, maintaining CONFIG for each platform (Atari, Apple2, Adam, Commodore, CoCo, etc.), making sure that as we change the code things still work.

An example of why we need maintainer help: We just pushed version 1.1.0 of the firmware. We have simplified our build in that when we cut a release, all platforms built. This means that we have to pull out every system, and make sure that things still work.

The HTTP adapter is leaking, so we implemented a fix that would give us some breathing room, allow people to play and use the lobby on Atari, while we find the leak. But we also had to check Apple2, and Adam. Apple2 required a small code change, and Adam needs work on config.

But we would never have seen this, if we hadn't pulled out and tested all these systems, and this issue will escalate geometrically as more platforms are brought up. We can't just have people saying, "Are we going to have FujiNet for platform X?"

The availability of FujiNet on your favorite platform wholly depends on the eagerness of people who are willing to help not only bring it up, but to keep it running.

So if you're interested, drop me a comment, drop me a message, drop me an email, contact us via the website (http://fujinet.online/), whichever you prefer.

Our focus is wholly dependent on the engagement from each and every single platform, not just for bring-up, but for ongoing maintenance. Do you want to help?

-Thom

• Like 1