IGNORED

Super Star Shooter 16 Demo - (in VCS Store)

Atari_JaguarVCS

The demo for the up and coming VCS game Super Star Shooter 16 is now available on the Atari VCS Store. There's also a super cool video that's been put out from Kraz Productions. This thing screams 90's all over it to me and i absolutely love it 🙂

Edited by justclaws
edited title for consistency
  • Like 3

I've downloaded the demo but not yet tried it but it does indeed look fun. Its had a lot of work put in to it to get it working with the spinner on the classic controller 🙂 I think the classic will be the only way to play this game for me. Respect to the developer for giving us a demo! I don't recall any other demos being available on the Atari VCS store other than Guntech, but i think that demo has been removed. 

1 hour ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Its had a lot of work put in to it to get it working with the spinner on the classic controller 🙂

Sweet! It’s nice to have another game that utilizes the spinner. I feel like I’m playing an “Atari” whenever I can use the classic controller. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Sweet! It’s nice to have another game that utilizes the spinner. I feel like I’m playing an “Atari” whenever I can use the classic controller. 

Same here, i really appreciate the spinner support it often separates the VCS version apart from the other platforms and adds an extra layer of challenge and fun to games. If I'm correct this game is also going to Steam but there's a few features and stuff that separate the Atari VCS 800 version apart like the spinner support and there's seemingly a few other bits and pieces being put into the game that are exclusive and unique to the VCS version but I'm not quite sure what those are yet.

• Like 2

If anyone runs into an issue when they launch the demo and have a screen resolution problem just back out of the demo and go into system, storage, other saved data/game saves and delete the save file for Super Star Shooter 16 Demo Build, once deleted back out and try launching the demo again and it should be back to normal.

• Thanks 1

Its amazing how the twist functionality can change the full the gameplay. I played the demo with and without the classic controller and i prefer it with the classic, its just so much more fun that way. This is one of my most wanted games for the Atari VCS now its just so fun. I hope other developers find even more ways to implement the spinner in the future. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...