IGNORED

Mess/Mame

walter_J64bit

Once you start the specific console machine emulator, press TAB to bring up a menu that lets you select and load a cartridge rom file, among other settings.  F3 resets the machine.  If the machine has a keyboard, scroll-lock enables/disables it.

https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/defaultkeys.html#mame-user-interface-controls

Edited by mr_me

If you run from the command line, then it would be something like this,  if the console needs system/bios roms the -bp  is a location where the such roms can be found, the roms for the system can be zipped (coleco.zip in this case) or in a subdirectory with the same name (coleco)

mame coleco -cartridge buckrogers.rom -bp <ROM DIRECTORY>

It's also still possible to build mess separately from mame if you have the source code.

If you're used to using MESSUI, then you can now run MAME straight up w/o any front end or command line (though they are still useful).

Just run MAME and type in the name of the system, or arcade game, you wish to run.  You'll then get a list of choices based on what you typed in that you can now select from.

Of course you should still have the full BIOS and Software List ROMS included with the matching version of MAME...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 5:38 PM, MrMaddog said:

If you're used to using MESSUI, then you can now run MAME straight up w/o any front end or command line (though they are still useful).

Just run MAME and type in the name of the system, or arcade game, you wish to run.  You'll then get a list of choices based on what you typed in that you can now select from.

Of course you should still have the full BIOS and Software List ROMS included with the matching version of MAME...

I still use MAMEUI.   I was majorly bumming when Robbbert said it would be out about every three months.  I hate using standard MAME.

• Like 1