IGNORED

99' VADERS - Kamikaze Aliens *** COMPILED Edition ***

tmop69

99' VADERS - Kamikaze Aliens *** COMPILED Edition ***

After 40 year, here is the compiled version of 99' VADERS - Kamikaze Aliens!

The game is now fast & more challenging. The joystick support was also added. The code was checked/revised by the original author ( @99V ).

In addition, in the .zip file there is a new manual and two labels for SSS carts.

Have fun! 🙂 

image.thumb.png.7dd2ed51e2d9a1876afe677d7cd944be.png

image.thumb.png.eb880285dad7fea58c0a0a4394ffff54.png

image.thumb.png.fc56dfb8072be1e227309fa70608eb44.png

99'Vaders - Kamikaze Aliens V1.0.zip

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Things to focus on:

Try to keep the stacks of invaders low in the chutes so they don't drop

Shoot dropping invaders before they explode

Depending on what side of the screen you are on, be ready to run to the left or right after hearing the warning beep for landers

When the wave seems to be coming to an end, get ready to move to the middle to shoot the big boss invader when the ship takes off.

• Like 4

Just got through playing a few games. Noticed when first booted, seemed like a very long time after hitting any key to start - that it actually started. Thought something was wrong at first. Anyway, what a tough game! After getting used to the players' movement (with joystick, perhaps with keys it's a little more responsive?) started to find somewhat of a rhythm and my score creeping up with each try. Best so far is 242.

Really nice that the background color changes with each level, and got a kick out of the mothership blasting off! 😀

Will try again sometime soon. Thanks to all in the reworking and posting of this fun game. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks it was a labor of love.

Wow, 242 is getting up there already. That's a quarter way to a free gun. 

The game is a challenge. If it starts easy there's only easier from there. After playing a few more times you will instinctively know what to do and you'll "feel" when the mothership is going to take off so you can get the big score on the boss invader. 

The lander beep will help you know to move. The lander comes out on the side you are on so you know which way to move right away. 

I have more tricks to share later. 

The slow start is we draw out the whole ship first then turn the lights on to show it. 

Keep on trucking!

• Like 3

I have a high score and a video, this is to show people who have not yet tried the game, what it looks and plays like.  I like this game.

I also like that there are just enough character spaces in the name entry to write the word: Retrospect  :)

I got 950 and I shot the mothership every time.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If you are doing a great job of clearing the chutes, the mothership will send more landers since landers don't come out if a lot of invaders are falling. So if you are doing the right thing and clearing the chutes expect more landers. Don't let the chutes fill up and drop a lot of invaders though because very bad things can happen if you let too many explode. See, they'll get you coming and going, lol. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, globeron said:

Nice game and fast!  (in the earlier version it was slow and I could not shoot somehow)   

Wave 5 - 01676  (classic 99)

I could not go back to remove the A in my name. 

Also .rpk here for Retrobat/MAME

SCR 600.jpg

SCR 602.jpg

99Vaders.rpk 10.64 kB · 0 downloads

🙂 Great score!

There is no "back" key, just up/down to change, fire/right or enter to confirm.

• Like 1