IGNORED

Atari 7800 Cheats and Easter Eggs

Silver Back

Hey guys!  I did a video a few days ago including the cheats I was aware of at the time for the 7800.   Included in the video is cheats, codes, Easter eggs and secrets for the following 7800 games:

Asteroids - hidden developer credit

Food Fight - hidden developer credit

Joust - hidden developer credit

Fatal Run - all level codes

Meltdown - all level codes

Ninja Golf - hidden joystick test

Planet Smashers - credit and invincibility

Venture - Start with 11 Winkys (lives)

Beef Drop - hidden game mode menu

K.C. Munchkin - restore original graphics

BB Crystal Quest - location of first warp

Knight Guy - Hidden room and warp

Popeye - Remove pink novice background

Olli Troll - Hidden Level select

T:ME Salvo - festive holiday mode

I've gathered enough stuff to warrant a second video I believe but I'd like to get as many as I can.  So far for the upcoming video I already have hidden stuff for Commando, Froggie, Bentley Bear, B*nq, Klax, and another that ill hopefully be able to include but can't mention yet.  

Did I miss any?  I'll gladly give credit in the second video to anybody that share.  Leave them in the comments or pm me if it's super duper secret lol

• Like 7

PentaGo:

• The code, "up, down, up, down, left, right", can be entered on the Title screen. This changes the Penta title to an alternate name. This change is saved on your HS device.
  • Another code will unlock the ability to play in CHEAT MODE. This unlock is also saved to your HS device.

For reference:

The above can be found under the 07/24/2022 update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I usually put cheat codes in my games, even if they were originally for testing purposes (things like level select and invincibility come in handy sometimes when you're trying to find particular bugs)  

I also usually do things like make a "cheat" invalidate a high score, but I usually ship with them still on the ROM somewhere.  

Easter eggs are usually present in some form or another - People have found a secret room in Harpy's Curse (which they should revisit if they haven't tried the most recent ROM :) ). 

I was also watching some of the forum threads, and someone got *really* close to figuring out/stumbling on another Easter egg as folks were figuring out certain mechanics and dynamics in Dragon's Descent.  This is in addition to the secret boss you can find if you play the game in a certain way.

• Like 2

E.X.O. has a bunch of unlockable stuff and easter eggs.  Some are in plain sight and haven't been spotted, others are a little more subtle and harder to find. 

There are at least 5 specific EE's to find and unlock, that give the player a reward or feature, 4 secret rooms and about a bunch of other references in game. There are also something like 8 unlockable cinematics. 

You can also save anything you unlock if you have a save key or AVox.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

E.X.O. has a bunch of unlockable stuff and easter eggs.  Some are in plain sight and haven't been spotted, others are a little more subtle and harder to find. 

There are at least 5 specific EE's to find and unlock, that give the player a reward or feature, 4 secret rooms and about a bunch of other references in game. There are also something like 8 unlockable cinematics. 

You can also save anything you unlock if you have a save key or AVox.

Oh that's really cool. Once I get a flashcart that can run EXO I'll have to find them all and add them to the list!

10 hours ago, Revontuli said:

I usually put cheat codes in my games, even if they were originally for testing purposes (things like level select and invincibility come in handy sometimes when you're trying to find particular bugs)  

I also usually do things like make a "cheat" invalidate a high score, but I usually ship with them still on the ROM somewhere.  

Easter eggs are usually present in some form or another - People have found a secret room in Harpy's Curse (which they should revisit if they haven't tried the most recent ROM :) ). 

I was also watching some of the forum threads, and someone got *really* close to figuring out/stumbling on another Easter egg as folks were figuring out certain mechanics and dynamics in Dragon's Descent.  This is in addition to the secret boss you can find if you play the game in a certain way.

Boy I'm gonna have to find these now too!  I've had part two done for a while but I'm waiting to release it 🤠. Between this and exo a part 3 might be in order.  Or better yet I'll put them all into a master video!

• Like 1