IGNORED

[title search] Maze War -alike game

Jacques

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a title of the game I played as a kid with my cousins. It was a labirynth shooter similiar to Maze War and it offered 2-players option (against each other), too.

http://www.atarimania.com/8bit/screens/maze_war_2.gif

But contrary to Maze War, I think the playing field was bigger vertically (possibly scrolled vertically, too) and less colourful.

Any chance it rings a bell to someone? ;)

Edited by Jacques

Nope, none of those two above, actually Maze War I mentioned is the closest so far ;)

It was rather straightforward shooting the enemies or another player in the labirynth and not much more. 

One thing I'm not certain, but rings a bell is that quite likely you could alter the initial maze going through it, thus eating the cells like Rockford does in Boulder Dash. And shooting was possible only through empty paths. And I think the playfield was vertically oriented rectangular (unlike horizontal in Maze War), most likely scrolled. 

It was a lot of fun to play, that's certain! 

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-400-800-xl-xe-p_search-total-page-step_109.97.122.101.-81-3-25_8_G.html

81 choices, check each out.

There are others that don't have maze as part of the as well

like way out etc some of which are excluded as you don't want 3d like views

http://www.atarimania.com/pgelstsoft.awp?system=8&type=G&genre=27&step=100

you will probably find it in this second list

Edited by _The Doctor__

No, it's not there unfortunately. You can’t assume there was a 'maze' im the title. Plus most likely there was Boulder Dash similiarity with "eating" the cells of the playfield, so it was changing during play. But definitely 2D and shooting was involved. 

2 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

Thank you, I will need to run it to see the gameplay, but I can't recall any elipses like on included picture, so it's unlikely to be the one.

I'm curious about this one square brown object though... If that's the left-off from many more which were shot/eaten...

Edited by Jacques

11 hours ago, Jacques said:

No, it's not there unfortunately. You can’t assume there was a 'maze' im the title. Plus most likely there was Boulder Dash similiarity with "eating" the cells of the playfield, so it was changing during play. But definitely 2D and shooting was involved. 

You didn't check the second list I had it pull for you that does not have maze in every name. Please look at that list.

10 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

it was a comment for atarimania to fix as pacman games are maze games

Pac-Man games have their own genre: "Arcade - Pac-Man". Unfortunately, we can only have a single category for each program.

13 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

and there should be a way to sort by single or multi player

Hope we can add that option to the "advanced search" page when the site gets an overhaul in the future. However, you can still click on "1", "1 vs. 2", "2 (alt.)", "2 (sim.)", "2+" or "Demo" on each page to get those results (though some entries are incomplete so won't be listed).