IGNORED

That One (Or More) Elusive Game

Omnibro

Sure, Spiker and the like are always tough to come across, but is there anything else (game-wise) that eluded you for way too long, or still does?

For me (again aside from the later INTV releases that seem to run away from me all the time), it's frickin' Turbo and the Hong Kong Shark Shark.  I can't, for the life of me, find a decently in shape copy of either.

The Learning Fun games were the last two I found to complete my 125. I have long been of the opinion that LF II is actually the rarest game as it comes up for auction in CIB form far less than Spiker does.

Oddly, I have had the absolute worst luck finding a simple USA version of the PGA Golf manual in decent condition. They never seem to be in mint shape whereas all the rest of my gatefold games have nearly perfect manuals  🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, the1hatman said:

The Learning Fun games were the last two I found to complete my 125. I have long been of the opinion that LF II is actually the rarest game as it comes up for auction in CIB form far less than Spiker does.

Oddly, I have had the absolute worst luck finding a simple USA version of the PGA Golf manual in decent condition. They never seem to be in mint shape whereas all the rest of my gatefold games have nearly perfect manuals  🤷‍♂️

I think i may have a PGA USA in good condition listed. I need to check.

If not, im sure i have one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Oddly, I have had the absolute worst luck finding a simple USA version of the PGA Golf manual in decent condition. They never seem to be in mint shape whereas all the rest of my gatefold games have nearly perfect manuals

Message me your address and choose your poison, or take both. 0920 or 0920-G2

100_2551.thumb.JPG.2b1443486db76b85a4da04667d4949b2.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of how awesome Hank is, one of my more notable want list items for years was the Digiplay Pinball, which Hank kindly sold me a few years ago to help me complete my Digiplay collection. Definitely one of the software highlights of my collection and many thanks (and best wishes) go out to Hank. 

• Like 4

I still need that same Digiplay Pinball, French Canadian Super Cobra, and Spiker which I see on eBay but am too cheap to pay the going rate.

There are others but I have no realistic exception of ever getting them (demo carts for example) and I'm ok with that.

I do have every home-brew, I got back into the scene at just the right time and never missed a one.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Also the 4 Tris LTO?

And the Baseball Super Series II?

I will have to look.  My goal is to have at least 1 of each cart, so I don't go crazy for variants.  What does the Baseball Super Series II look like?  Do you have a picture of the box (maybe there is another cart out there I did not know I needed :D)

22 minutes ago, alevin16 said:

I will have to look.  My goal is to have at least 1 of each cart, so I don't go crazy for variants.  What does the Baseball Super Series II look like?  Do you have a picture of the box (maybe there is another cart out there I did not know I needed :D)

Hi Alevin.

The Super Series Big League Baseball is the Intellivision Inc. variant of World Series Major League Baseball published by Mattel Electronics.

Here how it looks like:

IMG_4184.thumb.jpeg.b7f2ebead89a08d29d0e7f425b0d0407.jpeg

it’s very rare.

PS
If you have it and don’t care that much about variants don’t forget that I would be more than happy to buy it!🤠

On 8/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, colormesticky said:

I have a ton of stuff that eludes me because it all got hella expensive and I can't just stumble on $6 games at thrift stores anymore.

I do miss those days!

I should also add my missing homebrews to the elusive items I seem to miss out on all the time...

4-Tris

Flintstones Keyboard Fun

Ghostbusters

Quo Vadis

Same Game & Robots (I'm looking for the Intellivoice version)

Smurf: Rescue in Gargemmel's Castle

Space Cant (I'm looking for the Intellivoice version)

Space Invaders

Super Mine-Field

By my count there are 159* current homebrews either released or announced and on order so only missing 9** is pretty amazing to me. 

*This number varies depending on what you consider to be a homebrew. 159 is my current definition, I'm not looking to debate this, no one person's count is correct or incorrect.

**Meaning having at least one version of each title, ie: any one of the four versions of 4-Tris would check that title off for me. I'm not looking to get every variation.

Edited by the1hatman
Thank's Hank!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, the1hatman said:

I do miss those days!

I should also add my missing homebrews to the elusive items I seem to miss out on all the time...

4-Tris

Flintstones Keyboard Fun

Ghostbusters

Quo Vadis

Same Game & Robots (I'm looking for the Intellivoice version)

Smurf: Rescue in Gargemmel's Castle

Space Cant (I'm looking for the Intellivoice version)

Space Invaders

Super Mine-Field

By my count there are 159* current homebrews either released or announced and on order so only missing 9** is pretty amazing to me. 

*This number varies depending on what you consider to be a homebrew. 159 is my current definition, I'm not looking to debate this, no one person's count is correct or incorrect.

**Meaning having at least one version of each title, ie: any one of the four versions of 4-Tris would check that title off for me. I'm not looking to get every variation.

Some heavy hitters on that list! I think I’m missing about 4 now if you don’t count variants. I do have all of the ones you listed though. 

1 hour ago, The Intellivision Gamer said:

Some heavy hitters on that list! I think I’m missing about 4 now if you don’t count variants. I do have all of the ones you listed though. 

Honestly, my hope is that the more valuable titles on that list are simply re-issued to save me the expense. I believe that's the only way I'm ever getting a copy of Smurf.  

• Like 1

I think one of the both Learning Fun games was my last missing game of the 125. In the end it was more like how much I would spend on the games. And this is 15 - 25 years ago when prices more then $100 seemed crazy.

Of course after that the variations and special stuff were more in focus. And obtaining some rare German stuff took some patience. For now I still missing a European Zaxxon variant and the box of the first Demo cart (from the stuff I really looking after).

For the original 125, believe it or not the last one for me was River Raid. Took forever to find a nice set of overlays where the printing wasn't badly peeled. My white whale variant is Super Series Big League Baseball, I've just missed out on it so many times over the years. Homebrews, as far as I know it's Smurfs, Quo Vadis, and Ghostbusters.

Edited by gunoz
typo

On 8/27/2023 at 11:52 PM, the1hatman said:

Honestly, my hope is that the more valuable titles on that list are simply re-issued to save me the expense. I believe that's the only way I'm ever getting a copy of Smurf.  

Yeah that would help lol… ghost busters se is coming soon so there is one. 

• Thanks 1