IGNORED

EVERYTHING on ATR? Is It Possible?

SoulBuster

I am not feeling very bright today.

I just realized that the ADIR program, posted in the previous message, also extracts k-files.

It does a better job than my K-File Extractor as it also repairs any program it extracts. The K-File Extractor does not. I have been pairing my extractions with RealDos as they would only work under that DOS.  The ADIR programs seems to repair them so they can work with almost any DOS (I ran into a couple that it would not fix).

38 Previous K-FILE Extractions have been updated and will be included in the next release.

There is only 1 k-file title left

Dark Star (1982)(Rinne, K.H.)(DE)[OS-A][k-file][FR TOSEC].atr

And the extracted file

Dark Star.xex

If anyone can figure out how to make this work with a DOS, any DOS, Please feel free to post your results back here.

Note: My K-File Extractor will be renamed to Sector Extractor.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SoulBuster said:

If anyone can figure out how to make this work with a DOS, any DOS, Please feel free to post your results back here.

It does a warmstart which actually becomes a coldstart because neither BOOT?, nor COLDST are set for a warmstart.

Glue the attached file to the end of the XEX and it works.

BOOT-1-COLDST-0.bin

On 12/9/2023 at 3:49 PM, SoulBuster said:

These are part of the project, but I though I would post them here.  The only way to make new ones is to either copy one of these or you need to have the UltraSpeed+ OS install in your computer (I do). Unless, of course, someone has figured out how to extract the generator as a file from the the UltraSpeed+ OS.

Mach Ten Menu - Ultra Speed+ (-)(Computer Software Services)(US)[SB].zip 2.92 kB · 5 downloads

Check here:

• Thanks 1

It took me a couple minutes to figure out how to split this game out from this disk.

Mode Mixer 1 & 2 + Battle Stations (1983)(XLEnt Software)(US)[a][cr CSS].atr

All the files copy from DOS easy enough, but it still looks to the disk for more information.  Sectors 367 and 368 have data in them that the program uses. So after copying the files, I sector copied those two sectors and viola!

Battle Stations (1983)(XLEnt Software)(US)[B cr CSS].atr

For the project, Battle Stations will be in two places. The original Disk for Mode Mixer and individually as Battle Stations.

• Like 1

[This can be ignored. It is an older version of OEL Baron, which seems to be ok]

This one just ticked me off. 

Oel Imperium.atr

Part of the AUTORUN.SYS system loads Altirra BASIC 1.5 before loading the program.

There is no way someone is going to tell me what BASIC to use when Atari BASIC Rev. C works just fine.

Without Altirra BASIC in the Autorun.sys.

Oel Imperium (-)(-)(DE)[BASIC][B U].atr

• Like 1

This was a bit of a challenge:

Pele_Dor_Know_Math.zip

9 CAS files to be combined into one 90k disk.

Problems

1. I have no idea what is going on, as I do not read or speak the language.
  2. After PROGRAM Loads it needs a Unit to load. There must be a lesson on the cassette right after the program loads.  It is not that way in this set.
  3. Units are small data files that get loaded like above.  I could have used a copy of PROGRAM for each data file, but I would run out of space on the ATR (more than 90K)

Solution

1. I want to pass the unit number to the PROGRAM. It is a single digit so should be easy.
  2. I thought about saving it as a disk file and decided against it.
  3. I noticed that PAGE SIX is free, at least before it loads a unit, So I decided to POKE 1790 with the unit number and read it back in the PROGRAM.

Here is the Results

Pele-Dor - Know Math (-)(Bug Computer)(IL)[BASIC][B AM].atr

If anyone can read the language, please let me know if I did this right!

I just finished adding Pinball Construction Set ... ... ... along with 123 pinball games. (FYI: No one has all of these, Atarimania, Atari Online and TOSEC are missing at least some some of these.)

I gave it its own folder.  This is not all the pinball games, just the ones "ZERO" through "PINBALL".  More will be added as I work through the alphabet. 

These pinball games will be available on the next release. If you cannot wait, you can find them on my TNFS server right now (check my signature).

This was a little interesting:

Punctuation Series (198x)(Micro-Ed)(US) has 8 tapes that I put on one disk.

The A8SP zip is missing tape two. @www.atarimania.com has a zip that is missing tape 8.  Between the two we get a complete set:

Punctuation_Series 1-8.zip

And the resulting Disk:

Punctuation Series (198x)(Micro-Ed)(US)(Exercizes 1-8)[BASIC][T A8SP & AM].atr

• Like 1

@rra is one of the co-authors of all the Anschuetz-Weisgerber-Anschuetz games.  He sent a zip with all the games they produced.

Anschuetz-Weisgerber-Anschuetz Games.zip

It includes the original BASIC versions from the 80's and also the 2021 newly compiled ML versions of those programs.

Even cooler, he followed my naming conventions. I did make some changes where he had CA (from COM,EXE,XEX) on the file, but no source.  I added RRA as the source for those.

This project uses the latest version of all programs, so even though the BASIC ones are here, I will not be using them, Just the ML ones.  I am posting this zip in case other repositories (rra's word) can use them.

@www.atarimania.com has all of the BASIC ones, but is missing a few of the 2021 updated versions.

• Like 3

Robbo

I just finished processing 1349 Robbo files (tons of duplicates) over the last 2 days.

I ended up with 164 unique games.

They will be included in the next release.  They are also on my TNFS server now, in their own directory.

• Like 4

I made this disk from an Apple BASIC program, that was translated into Atari BASIC from Creative Computing:

Landing Simulator (-)(Creative Computing)(US)[BASIC][B AM].atr

Then I ran across this program from TOSEC:

RUNWAY.BAS

They are both translated from the same Creative Computing Apple BASIC program. Translated by different people and programmed differently.  The second one is named in error.

Keeping the one I already set up. Not sure if @www.atarimania.com needs the second version.

• Like 2