IGNORED

Thanks to Evie's Backbit Pro flash cartridge, I can now hate on the Coleco produced games on my INTV2 like everyone else

RockLobster

Thanks @evietron, Donkey Kong is as awful as I had always imagined it to be.   

The Donkey Kong cartridge has been sitting in my collection taunting my Intellivision 2 for the longest time.   But now I can experience it as no one should have done.   As an owner of the 2600 port during the 80's, I can now feel the pain of my newly adopted Intellivision family on original hardware.  Thank you, I think.   

Seriously though, anyone looking for an Intellivision flashcart should take a look at this project along with @5-11under's upcoming batches of RTO.

https://streamable.com/r0vdo2

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, RockLobster said:

@cmart604 yeah I was actually uncertain whether or not the INTV2 lockout of Coleco produced games would still be enforced when loaded from a "flashcart" like the Backbit.IO.   I hadn't read enough on the matter to know other than my Mouse Trap cartridge working but not Donkey Kong.

It's a good question vs real hardware but it was more the humour and turn of phrase in your post that I appreciated. 😂

• Like 1

I personally liked the original version of Donkey Kong for the Intellivision.  Yes, D2K is incredible, but back in the 80s I was happy to have it to play at home.  Glad to hear that you got a multcart, they're incredibly convenient and you can find and play the games that are hard to get on the original cartridges.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevin6569 said:

Yes, D2K is incredible

Oh I'll have to look that one up.  

2 hours ago, kevin6569 said:

Glad to hear that you got a multcart, they're incredibly convenient and you can find and play the games that are hard to get on the original cartridges.

Well unfortunately since I have an INTV2 (love the look, size and removable controllers), only Lady Bug from my Coleco game carts work on it.  The others are locked out from the console's end.

It's why I was pleasantly surprised the Backbit Pro flash cart was able to load the ROM files.  I don't know if loading the game via Backbit (or any other flashcart) bypasses the lockout mechanism or if the ROM files I have are modified versions to allow this behavior.   

intellivision-coleco-carts.jpg