IGNORED

I'm selling more junk: Super A'can + all 12 games + devkit, Genesis & Lynx games, Mega Duck garbage, etc., etc. Maybe give it a look-see?

DeathAdderSF

Hey, y'all.

As the thread title sez, I'm selling more junk. It's been sitting around here for far too long, and I just can't stand looking @ it any more. Please consider checking it out, and perhaps bidding really high on multiple items. 😃

What's available? 39 items, at present. Super A'can boxed system + all 12 games, for example. (You'll NEVER see "REBEL" again, so if you want it, you'd better damn well bid on it now.) Also a "UMC TV GAME DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM" aka the Super A'can development kit. (That's a pretty hefty piece of useless hardware for sure.) Hrm... and lots of Super Fighter Team games; I was using them to balance out an uneven table (j/k?).

Brandon's latest batch of stuffs on eBay - now with more A'can!

Have fun browsin'! 🤪

7xxr7p.jpg.5644c939067b2ca212ff5fa5fc925073.jpg

Edited by DeathAdderSF
Buy one Mega Duck, get multiple disappointments FREE!

20 hours ago, madman said:

Wow, I own a Supervision which is most certainly craptastic, but I've never heard of the Mega Duck/Cougar Boy. I love that computer is so huge with what appears to be the same sized LCD as the handheld Mega Duck. Oh, 90's video gaming.

You too eh (I own his old supervision) :D  Had I known all along he had a Mega Duck I'd have asked about selling it before it went to ePay.  I've wanted one of those as it's even more comparable to the old Gameboy, but I have an interest in Taiwanese developed games and Mega Duck has a number of them, some did even hit the Gameboy under the Sachen label or some other murky thing such as the mighty 31in1 cart among others.

This timeless work of art is the single greatest thing to come from the Mega Duck:

WOLF.gif.7504017b0b40f6bcc63274e55516c8af.gif

Isn't it incredible?

And the range of emotions it stirs up... I mean, just look at the miserable expression frozen on the dead wolf's face! Those rowdy swine took their time and enjoyed murdering him. 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sat down yesterday to ask if the seller of a Super A’can devkit on eBay had documented more about the system than what was in the listing (it is now well out of my budget).  Then I found that the seller had also mentioned selling it on AtariAge.  Then I follow the link in their profile and find that they own the rights to one of the games that turned up on the Super A’can, implying that they either wrote the game, or know the people that did.  I wonder if they documented any of that?

Answer: yes.

https://www.diskman.com/presents/supersango/

Good work sir, and thank you.  If you have heard any other info on what the game industry in Taiwan was like, or would like to share any of your own work experience as a developer, I am sure there are some of us that would love to hear about it.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, UrQuan3 said:

I ♥ that story. And I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

On 9/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, UrQuan3 said:

Good work sir, and thank you.

Thanks for your interest. If I do write any other articles of that nature, I'll def share 'em here.

@fcgamer  Paging Dave.  He owns the whole library of the A-Can minus a piece or two as far as I can recall.  He develops games in Taiwan now for the Famicom, writes a book series on FC/Famiclone stuff (one of them I contributed a forward to.)  He may have an idea of some things you could find useful about what past and present game development is in taiwan @UrQuan3