IGNORED

i've written a manacala game for the nes, comments welcome!

This is a great project! 

There was a BASIC version of this in a book of games for the Coco (and, IIRC, the TRS-80 Model III) in the early-1980s. I had so very much fun with it.

Sadly, I do not own an original NES console -- just the NES Classic and several Famiclones.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow impressive, and you put some good work even into that manual as well.  Ever consider a physical run?

thank you! yes! i'm selling them on itch.io. there's tens of dollars to be made here! lol

(seriously, there's no way this could ever pay me for the time invested, if it can just cover expenses and sunk costs i'm fine with that. this is a labor of love 😺).

Edited by tabitha
emoticon->emoji, gratitude
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Nice.  I played this in highschool.  My math teacher introduced us to this game.  But I forget how to play it.

my manual explains how to play, there's a section on just the mancala rules, and a separate section on how's it played on this cart.

https://shallowenigma.com/lion-mancala/Lion Mancala Manual.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jhd said:

This is a great project! 

There was a BASIC version of this in a book of games for the Coco (and, IIRC, the TRS-80 Model III) in the early-1980s. I had so very much fun with it.

Sadly, I do not own an original NES console -- just the NES Classic and several Famiclones.  

thank you! i do sell the rom to play in an emulator (i suggest Mesen for windows and OpenEmu for the mac... there are also emulators for linux and android) but it really is best on a console 😺 i have many fond memories of typing in games from David Ahl's 'Basic Computer Games'!

my game works with the original NES, and also with the Gamerz Tek 8-bit HD (which I happen to own). other clones? i have no idea lol.

Edited by tabitha
talk about clone consoles
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jhd said:

This is a great project! 

If thefamiclones use real cartridges then maybe a reverse 72 to 60 pin adapter exists?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...