IGNORED

[SORTED] Install SDK on Mac

Alkadian

Hi,

I have tried to install the SDK OSX on my MacBook by following the instructions provided in the Installation Guide.

If I type gointy I get the below:

zsh: no such file or directory: gointy

I have also tried with ./gointy but to no avail.

When I get into the folder ~/Documents/IntyBASIC-SDK/bin and I type 'intytest sdklogo' I get the below:

zsh: command not found: intytest

but if I type ./intytest sdklogo I get:

ERROR: Unable to find IntyBASIC installation directory.

Could you please advise? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: All sorted! I have forgotten that I needed to use now zshenv with the latest OSX update! Below the correct steps should somebody else be experiencing the same issue:

From the terminal:

1. Type: touch ~/.zshenv

2. Type: open -a TextEdit ~/.zshenv

3. Copy the text below inside zshenv:
source $HOME/intybasic_sdk.rc    

4. Type: source ~/.zshenv

5. Job done :)

Edited by Alkadian
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Alkadian said:

Hi,

I have tried to install the SDK OSX on my MacBook by following the instructions provided in the Installation Guide.

If I type gointy I get the below:

zsh: no such file or directory: gointy

I have also tried with ./gointy but to no avail.

When I get into the folder ~/Documents/IntyBASIC-SDK/bin and I type 'intytest sdklogo' I get the below:

zsh: command not found: intytest

but if I type ./intytest sdklogo I get:

ERROR: Unable to find IntyBASIC installation directory.

Could you please advise? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: All sorted! I have forgotten that I needed to use now zshenv with the latest OSX update! Below the correct steps should somebody else be experiencing the same issue:

From the terminal:

1. Type: touch ~/.zshenv

2. Type: open -a TextEdit ~/.zshenv

3. Copy the text below inside zshenv:
source $HOME/intybasic_sdk.rc    

4. Type: source ~/.zshenv

5. Job done :)

Aha!  Good catch!  Sorry about that.  I use a very ancient version of Mac OS X (10.8.5 - Mountain Lion), and I hadn't tested it with newer versions of the terminal.  I also use the Bash shell, so your mileage may vary.

I'm glad you were able to sort it out.  👍

Let me know if you have any other problems.

-dZ.

1 hour ago, DZ-Jay said:

Aha!  Good catch!  Sorry about that.  I use a very ancient version of Mac OS X (10.8.5 - Mountain Lion), and I hadn't tested it with newer versions of the terminal.  I also use the Bash shell, so your mileage may vary.

I'm glad you were able to sort it out.  👍

Let me know if you have any other problems.

-dZ.

Thank you for such an awesome Suite! I am having a tone of fun with it right now. So many examples to learn from, indeed! Simply great! Thanks.

13 hours ago, Alkadian said:

Thank you for such an awesome Suite! I am having a tone of fun with it right now. So many examples to learn from, indeed! Simply great! Thanks.

No worries.  To be sure, the biggest accomplishment is the creation of IntyBASIC by @nanochess and the support from the community with its contributions.  I only put these together and created the helper tools and documentation for the SDK.

Most of those examples were contributed by others, and also available in the IntyBASIC core distribution.

dZ.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

No worries.  To be sure, the biggest accomplishment is the creation of IntyBASIC by @nanochess and the support from the community with its contributions.  I only put these together and created the helper tools and documentation for the SDK.

Most of those examples were contributed by others, and also available in the IntyBASIC core distribution.

dZ.

A big thanks to all devs involved! A really fantastic suite! @nanochess for his great books. I bought them all (Atari 2600 and Boot Sector Games as well) to show my little support! Really, they are very good sources to study from.

• Thanks 1