IGNORED

F-Zero 99

The Mr. Video

Nintendo finally brought back F-Zero...as a battle royale game. It's surprising not as dumb as it sounds, in fact, I find F-Zero 99 to be really addicting. Does anyone else on here play this game? Do you think Nintendo is going to do more with F-Zero now that F-Zero 99 is introducing more people to the franchise?

i've messed with it some, and im sure i have the same complaints other players do; one of them is i'm REALLY SICK of Big Blue and Mute City I.  lol

overall, it's a fun diversion even if you're not very good at the game; i'm looking forward to more tracks possibly being added.  i'm not sure, though, that this is the prelude to a full-featured F-Zero sequel for the Switch platform.

• 2 weeks later...

I won't touch it short of being dragged into a singular race or two by my kid.  I stuffed it on her system after she neglected to do system updates and now she seems largely sucked into playing the game.  Never took an interest in the original, but now she is interested in it because of this it seems.

3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I think adding more tracks and the Satellaview-exclusive machines would be a great idea.

I think someone looked in the games files and found data referring to the BS F-Zero Grand Prix courses so it could happen. Also, they added in the Queen League a week ago so maybe now people won't get stuck playing Mute City I and Big Blue so much.

• Like 1

I might give it a try, but it's going to be tough to be incentivized to dump lots of time into it given that they have delisted some of the other battle royale games. I am still bitter about them discontinuing Mario 35. I am sure F-Zero will follow eventually.

Edited by Austin

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Astro Rabby said:

I played it almost non stop for like two weeks until I got 1st exactly once and haven't picked it up since lol.

Pretty much the same, I got an A+ rating, got a lot of the achievements unlocked and basically decided to stop. It was fun while it lasted, I will say that.

On 11/28/2023 at 4:25 AM, madman said:

Pretty much the same, I got an A+ rating, got a lot of the achievements unlocked and basically decided to stop. It was fun while it lasted, I will say that.

I got all the way to S rank before my first victory LOL

Maybe I'll hop back on, though I'm sure it's less popular now.