IGNORED

Save Mary in 2600+

Dano312

I was listening to the radio earlier this afternoon and during a break between songs, the DJ made a positive comment about the availability of the Atari 2600+ and Save Mary. 

This was not an advertising spot but rather just the usual commentary/prattle used to fill airtime. I am very surprised to see that the revival of the 2600 has penetrated popular consciousness to this extent. 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
On 1/29/2024 at 12:54 PM, jhoward said:

@Ben from Plaion I pre-ordered this back in... September(?) when it first went up on the website. Got my order confirmation and everything. Never received the game. Should I contact Atari support or have these not gone out yet?

I ordered the special edition version of Mr Run & Jump.  As of yet, nothing received.  I don't think any of the most recent limited edition games have been released yet.  Hopefully soon.

I don't mind paying extra for a new game, just wish they were available to purchase at all. This constant "sold out" business is pure bs. Now common games that you could buy for $2 (if you don't already have a dozen or so in your collection) uh, no. Ill pass on most of those. I'd still buy new or rare games, and while I'd love them in the $30-40 range, I've got no issue with paying $60-70 (or $100) but damnit atari, make them available! After all, nobody has an issue buying a modern console game for $60, yes their Atari games and mostly not that deep, but your paying for what you want. If I was to say one thing I want (outside availability) it would be instruction manuals.

So far I'm loving what little I can get, and my feelings aren't hurt that its expensive. Tbh, I'm having as much, or more fun with a lot of Atari titles than I am with a lot of the current gen crap. Maybe ill order some goodies from Albert to tide me over till the official run stuff becomes available, if ever (maybe ebay, but I'm not looking for sealed there, I want to play. Anyhow, lots of great selection on atariage, there's over 100 titles now, even after axing lots of things for various reasons.

On 2/5/2024 at 4:39 PM, insertclevernamehere said:

I ordered the special edition version of Mr Run & Jump.  As of yet, nothing received.  I don't think any of the most recent limited edition games have been released yet.  Hopefully soon.

On 1/29/2024 at 12:54 PM, jhoward said:

@Ben from Plaion I pre-ordered this back in... September(?) when it first went up on the website. Got my order confirmation and everything. Never received the game. Should I contact Atari support or have these not gone out yet?

This seems really uncool! 

Stories like these make me really regret ordering the three new 7800 games direct from Atari.

8 hours ago, Glorkbot said:

This seems really uncool! 

Stories like these make me really regret ordering the three new 7800 games direct from Atari.

Yeah if I was able to order from Atari to the UK I may well have done so for some of these releases, which would be rather disappointing.

I sent an email to Atari support last week and got a reply this morning. 

"Thank you for reaching us!  Please note, all the pre-orders including Save Mary - Limited Edition will ship within 3-4 months of when the pre-order window closes. Although, these orders are in pre-production we do not have an exact shipping date. Once orders are queued for shipment you will receive an email with tracking information from our warehouse. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Having to wait 4 months with no updates whatsoever is pretty disappointing, not gonna lie. Definitely going to hold off on buying any more carts unless I can get them through Amazon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

$60 isn't a bad price at all for a new game like this, it's probably at or cheaper than the price of 2600 games back in the day accounting for inflation. But also, if they only made 500 of them, that times $60 equals $30,000 total gross revenue from it, and the design, manufacturing and distribution costs are coming out of it. I'm sure they are making a small profit, but how much profit are they really making? $10k maybe? $15k? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, rennervision said:

These sold out in what felt like minutes before I ordered one -  so like others, I too would like to see a standard edition. I take it from the silence, however, that no one even got the limited edition yet?

I'm STILL waiting to receive my copy... I don't know what happened but this is inexcusable. I was really excited about all the new products Atari has been putting out over the last year but this whole experience has really soured me on them.

Be sure to let us know when (if???) you get it.  Pre-ordering an Atari game for such a small run now approaching a year-long wait is just crazy to me.  I'd love to know what is really going on seeing how other games are still being sold.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I'm really hesitant to buy anything else from them after this experience. Which sucks because I really do like the stuff they've been putting up for sale lately. But if I preorder something and it takes nearly a year to ship it to me (after the promised fulfillment date, mind) then there's really no excuse. And the lack of transparency on what's happening behind the scenes just makes it more frustrating. What happened??? Did the source code for the game explode and they've been spending all this time reprogramming the game??? I don't know!!!

Sorry for ranting about this over and over, it's just... ugh.

On 10/6/2023 at 9:54 AM, Dano312 said:

So excited to see this game released and set to run on 2600+

But when I saw the 500 game run silver box addition at new games pricing, I melting into a pile of disappointment. I'm hoping for a normal release version that us poor folk can enjoy. If I were to buy this edition, I'd put it somewhere and never open it as a collector release. I just can't justify either option. Not play, or pay premium and open it destroying its sealed value. Come on guys ☹️

hope they give it a nice red box and perhaps a more pixel art cover?

that'd be nice, it'd be uniform but it might not make those with the limited carts feel like they've been cheated or whatever :D
just, let us buy more games atari. :)

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, haightc said:

I was just thinking about this game after coming back from PRGE and realized I ordered this a year ago.     I know Atari can be a bit slow of deliverables but we are getting in LRG territory now

Yeah I would have thought the non-special edition would be available by now!

On 10/2/2024 at 4:04 PM, haightc said:

I was just thinking about this game after coming back from PRGE and realized I ordered this a year ago.     I know Atari can be a bit slow of deliverables but we are getting in LRG territory now

I believe these limited editions are being handled by LRG. Which would explain it.