IGNORED

Haunted House Nintendo Switch Gameplay

PowerDubs

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

lol, that's seriously the reason you wouldn't choose to play the game?

There are a lot of people who don't like playing games as the opposite sex.

And yes, it goes both ways, it sucks for women who want to play as women in some games but can't.
We all have our thing, I am sure there are some games you won't play that have reasons I would not agree with as well 😀

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, donjn said:

There are a lot of people who don't like playing games as the opposite sex.

And yes, it goes both ways, it sucks for women who want to play as women in some games but can't.
We all have our thing, I am sure there are some games you won't play that have reasons I would not agree with as well 😀

My understanding is you can play as any of the five characters in this game, but you have to unlock them first.

7 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Seriously? I suppose you make avatars that look like you for every game you play? Talk about sucking the fun out of an escape from reality. 

Hyperbole and your opinion.

Edited by donjn
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Seriously? I suppose you make avatars that look like you for every game you play? Talk about sucking the fun out of an escape from reality. 

No!   character creators are for making characters that you want to stare at the rear-end of for a 30-hour game   :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll just say there is a huge double-standard around this topic in present day.    On one hand you have the recent Dove commercial featuring a morbidly obese girl who is tired of playing as skinny characters and finally gets to play a morbidly obese character with smug grin that looks just like her.   Dove (a soap company) is going to commit resources to ensure that happens.

But if you are a guy and express this exact same preference, you are the worst person ever!

Personally, I don't think people should need to justify their reasons for liking or not liking a game,  including not liking the main protagonist.   People like what they like,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zzip said:

I'll just say there is a huge double-standard around this topic in present day.    On one hand you have the recent Dove commercial featuring a morbidly obese girl who is tired of playing as skinny characters and finally gets to play a morbidly obese character with smug grin that looks just like her.   Dove (a soap company) is going to commit resources to ensure that happens.

But if you are a guy and express this exact same preference, you are the worst person ever!

Personally, I don't think people should need to justify their reasons for liking or not liking a game,  including not liking the main protagonist.   People like what they like,

Agree 100%, and what @Flojomojo didn't get, is that when you posted:

"No!   character creators are for making characters that you want to stare at the rear-end of for a 30-hour game"

You were poking fun at people who say they play a female because of that reason, a pre-defense for myself, in case that came up lol.

6 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

image.thumb.png.ac702c485735759a236b6f75f6b044b5.pnghaunted-house-atari-2600.jpg

Umm...its a DOT.

And nowhere in the manual does it say you are female, and the ACTUAL manual and box cover shows what looks like male eyes.
Also I do play and enjoy MS Pac Man.

In before people call me sexist.

FYI, I have played female characters before, and sometimes my wife walks in and says why are you playing a female character lol.

Edited by donjn

6 minutes ago, donjn said:

Agree 100%, and what @Flojomojo didn't get, is that when you posted:

"No!   character creators are for making characters that you want to stare at the rear-end of for a 30-hour game"

You were poking fun at people who say they play a female because of that reason, a pre-defense for myself, in case that came up lol.

I wasn't really poking fun,  I create characters with cool looks in games with character creators, and sometimes they are female.    I don't create them to look like me,  I would look terribly out of place in the Dark Souls universe :)   Well maybe in the Sims..

But I don't want to play a game that forces me to play as protagonist that annoys me in some way, whether it be a male character or female character.  So if I reject a game with a crappy protagonist, I don't need anyone telling me I'm wrong for doing so.

I swear the current path is going to lead to games being made with characters that are vaguely humanoid-shaped blue blobs- that represent everbody and nobody, because the developers will realize they can never please everyone!  

• Like 2