IGNORED

Haunted House Nintendo Switch Gameplay

PowerDubs

52 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Such a shame that a thread about one of the bigger Atari games of the last few years immediately devolved into a discussion on gender locked characters. Seriously, who cares? IT'S A GAME.

No joke!

If I could figure out how to delete this entire thread- I would- just because of people's stupidity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Talk about sucking the fun out of an escape from reality. 

My #1 co-op gaming buddy (RIP) gave me a memorable moment related to that.  We were playing a game with a Male Human, Female Elf, and Male Dwarf as our character choices.  I chose the Male Human and he picked the Female Elf.  I said "I figured you'd choose the dwarf" because he liked melee types, but he said "Hey man... I'm a short, fat fucker in real life.  I like to get away from that every now and then."  🤣

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, KainXavier said:

While the extended tutorial seems a bit heavy-handed, the gameplay looks really fun!  I love the aesthetic, and I'm getting Luigi's Mansion vibes from it.  The game wasn't on my radar before, but it definitely is now.  Thanks, PowerDubs!

Yeah once you're past that tutorial, that ghost only shows up if you ask for help.    The game is fun...   well at least addictive and frustrating because apparently I suck at it :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, donjn said:

Why does this matter so much to you, why can't you leave me alone, you are getting weird with this.

The problem here is that you've taken a thread that was meant to be a discussion about a really cool new Atari game, and you've injected your politics into it.

But as a fellow user with an avatar that is the Avatar, I'll give you a pass.

On 10/11/2023 at 5:27 PM, PowerDubs said:

I'm going to buy this for the VCS since I have one. My daughter has a Switch, but lately hasn't been playing it... really only just plays Genshin Impact on her PC. But I'm pretty excited about this... the graphics look awesome.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

The problem here is that you've taken a thread that was meant to be a discussion about a really cool new Atari game, and you've injected your politics into it.

But as a fellow user with an avatar that is the Avatar, I'll give you a pass.

If gender preference is video games is "politics" then man, I dont know what to say.

Regarding Ultima, yes, huge fan and collector. Member the the Dragons!

Back on topic the game does look really fun.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, donjn said:

If gender preference is video games is "politics" then man, I dont know what to say.

Regarding Ultima, yes, huge fan and collector. Member the the Dragons!

Back on topic the game does look really fun.

Me too... hahah. I joined back when they were still just a BBS!

On 10/12/2023 at 1:16 PM, Flojomojo said:

What difference does a character’s gender make?

If it was as meaningless and arbitrary as you're pretending, nobody would care that he cares.  Clearly a lot of you do care that he cares, which is exactly why he does.  If he'd said "I won't play a game where all the characters wear backpacks because I think that looks stupid", the reaction would have been totally different, and we all know it, and we all know why that is.  The design of the cast of characters and the selection of the default one is itself a political statement.  You happen to agree with it; that's your prerogative, but let's not sit here and insult each others' intelligence with mendacity like this.  You know damn well what difference it makes.

16 hours ago, KainXavier said:

While the extended tutorial seems a bit heavy-handed, the gameplay looks really fun!  I love the aesthetic, and I'm getting Luigi's Mansion vibes from it.  The game wasn't on my radar before, but it definitely is now.

I went into it blind, and that's the first thing I noticed; the tutorial is annoying and there is no way to skip it.  Yes, it is very Luigi's Mansion-inspired, although the environmental puzzles, such that they exist, are not going to be designed anything like LM.  Even right down to the instant-kill flashlight thing.  So far, it's okay.  I appreciate that they tried something a little more adventurous with one of the old properties as the Recharged series is getting a little stale at this point. 

I had been thinking for some time that this would be the kind of approach they should have taken to remake Adventure, though focused on survival-based mechanics rather than sneaking which, while I understand it's popular, is boring as all hell to me.  It's not too late for them to take this basic skeleton and expand on it.  A Major Havoc in this style could be neat, with procedurally-generated bases for you to infiltrate, maybe in the style of a Spelunky or something, with all your in-between flying/shooting/landing sequences could make for a very compelling new thing for Atari without having to be too overly ambitious.

• Like 2