IGNORED

Serial number list?

Snogpitch

The ones that are low are from UK and Europe, the Atari2600+ was designed in the UK and made in China, Hong Kong by PLAION UK, this was not made by Atari, its made the same way as the Capcom Home Arcade, Atari gave them the Atari IP(well at leased Atari IP is been used the way it meant to be used, not like Commodore, Commodore Phone, really.. :( ), most companies never copyright the case, this comes from the C64 DTV from 20 years ago, this is connected to it.
This would not exist if it was not for THEC64 Mini, it stated it all(Capcom Home Arcade came from it too), it even uses the same serials from THEC64/THEVIC20, one way of keeping track of the stock and how many are out there, good idea.

Mine, UK, London:

atari2600+serial.jpg

Edited by Spanner

1 hour ago, Spanner said:

Dose anyone realise that the Atari2600+ was built in the same place the Atari VCS was built in 1977, Hong Kong, China, thats weird... :)

Imagine if there was a factory worker there on the verge of retirement who made an original when he/she first started? "I've seen this before..."

5 hours ago, Spanner said:

Dose anyone realise that the Atari2600+ was built in the same place the Atari VCS was built in 1977, Hong Kong, China, thats weird... :)

I understood that the first 50,000 VCSs were built in Sunnyvale before the manufacturing was sent overseas..?

10 hours ago, Nall3k said:

Imagine if there was a factory worker there on the verge of retirement who made an original when he/she first started? "I've seen this before..."

There are a couple of coincedences that are amusing regarding the manufacturing of the original machine and this one. But alas they are only stories that can be told late night, over many Stolichnayas in a grimey joint in Wanchai.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ls650 said:

I understood that the first 50,000 VCSs were built in Sunnyvale before the manufacturing was sent overseas..?

wow, didn't know that but thats was probably because it was built for the US only at the time, my Atari VCS is made in Hong Honk by Atari-Wong LTD, probably Europe got the Honk Kong version, would of liked to know where that was in China, they should put a plaque there saying the `The Atari VCS was built here in 1977`(dose Sunnyvale have one, you think it would..?), it would be good for tourists... :)
If you think about it Atari have done the same thing with the new Atari VCS and its only available at the moment in the US only, I wonder if it ever be sold in Europe, its 2x times the price at the moment on eBay, about £500, more that a new PS5, its US price is about £200 in pounds($250) Maybe PLAION could make it for them, do not see why they couldn't, it a PC in a Atari mudded case, like the PS4/5, XBOX XS, they now all PB based, its the only thing that works with Remote Play so one PC connection to another, its the bests thing Sony did to the PS4, the PS3 Remote Play was crap, it only worked on one game and use to lose its connection and the game was not really playable so that why SIE changed its architecture to PC.