IGNORED

E-JagFest 2023

LX.NET

• 2 weeks later...

The McWill GameGear fully modded (or should I say the Game Gear 2 made in 2023 ? ) were awesome. Gladily I was strong enough to not buy one (to be honest, just when I was ready to do so, I heard all were sold, and this was a really good news :D )

Can't wait to see if/when he manage to do the same magical treatment to the Lynx...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Clint Thompson said:

I've always felt the same! The fests have always been so much stronger outside of the U.S. it seems.

Let me know when you finally decide to go and I'll tag along ;)

eJagfest is very small compared to PRGE. My experience is that at PRGE I found about 5 persons who were into the Lynx and had a nice chat with me. At eJagfest I spent 2 days talking with fellow developers. At Silly Venturres I just found 3 guys interested in Lynx or 7800. So every retro event is different. PRGE had amazing pinball machines that I loved to play.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

I've always felt the same! The fests have always been so much stronger outside of the U.S. it seems.

Let me know when you finally decide to go and I'll tag along ;)

Hmmm... how soon are they announcing the JagFest for next year?

On 11/1/2023 at 3:26 PM, doctorclu said:

Hmmm... how soon are they announcing the JagFest for next year?

Usually too late. I believe I got my flight tickets on the 18th of July when they announced the date of the event. This year the event was at the end of October. Nice weather. Earlier it has been in November when there is snow.

PS. There is likely some multi-player competitions on the Lynx. This year we had Checkered Flag and Dynablast. The championships are run as a ranking competition in groups of 4 players. The guys are pretty good. I never seem to make it to the 2nd round :( 
There was also competitions on other platforms. My new experience was Medieval Mayhem on the Atari 2600. A really fun game with 4 paddles.

PPS. There is a train station close to the event. For €15.60 you get a daily ticket (B-cost range) that allows you to use trains, trams, buses, underground. So you are not limited to accomodation in Korchenbroich. You can also reach the airport using the same ticket. As it is a daily ticket you should buy it from the vending machine found at every train station.

• Like 3