IGNORED

The most bizarre acquisition by Atari yet has just taken place

JPF997

Yes, it might seem odd in that they've no associations with Atari and aren't old enough to be considered retro, but Ronimo went bankrupt in August, so everything would have been auctioned off at bargain basement prices. Their last game, Blightbound, kinda bombed, so I guess they just ran out of cash.

The Awesomenauts servers were shut down soon afterwards too, so maybe Wade just wants to get them back up again so he can get a match. 🙂

Much though we'd like to see them pick up the likes of the Atari Games catalogue, the Activision games for the 2600 or Battlezone, I'd suspect that those would come with a much higher price tag.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lord Mushroom said:

Let us limit this discussion to two threads. Here is one of them.

Yeah I  just looked and it seems like Dubs posted his thread first, I don't know how he does it, I made this thread like three hours after the official announcement ( when I became aware of it ) and somehow he posted his thread even faster, the man goes super sonic speed anytime something related to Atari pop's up, his dedication to the brand is kind of admirable in a way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

I don't know how he does it, I made this thread like three hours after the official announcement ( when I became aware of it ) and somehow he posted his thread even faster, 

Maybe he is subscribing to Atari news or something. He has shares in Atari. Perhaps all shareholders get news like this or something.

24 minutes ago, Lord Mushroom said:

Perhaps all shareholders get news like this or something.

I just pay attention to many methods, all day long, every day, globally- for many years.

Shareholders don't get any news.  In fact- for many shareholders- *I* am the source of the news- since I am a simple single place to find it.  Not that I do anything anyone else can't do- but I know lots of places to look.  Data aggregation.

• Like 2