IGNORED

EOR #$FF: 6502 Ponderables and Befuddlements by David Youd

SpiceWare

Interesting book by David Youd (I think he's @cryptoboy on AtariAge as well) with 6502 snippets.  

Each snippet is presented on page by itself for you to ponder, such as this one:

image.thumb.png.abfe4b750379b55d65ca718a3635cda6.png

Each snippet is explained at the back of the book.

Features 2 snippets for the 2600.  @Thomas Jentzsch and @nanochess are both mentioned.

Available as a paperback or a free Ebook.

Tweet where I learned about it:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DEBRO said:

I guess I’m not following the book theme. Could you help me grasp it?

Sure, from the preface:

In 2014, pseudonymous author xorpd published a paperback entitled xchg rax,rax (ISBN-13 978-1502958082) and also made it freely available online. It is a collection of sixty-four short x86 assembly language excerpts, one per page (numbering 0x00 to 0x3f), and presented without explanation. Its assemblage of code fragments is a masterwork in minimalism. Without guideposts, the assembly-knowledgeable reader is left to ponder the significance of each increasingly-befuddling snippet. Even the title "xchg rax,rax" invites consideration (it's a well-known "synthetic instruction" for NOP).

I have attempted in this book to show the same love for the 6502 chip. I've included sixty-four examples -- some original and some drawn from blogs and forums.