IGNORED

A8 + accordion jam

9 hours ago, Probabilitydragon said:

Just having fun with my squeeze box and a simple BASIC routine on my Atari. I hope you enjoy. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJoDT3YH/ 

or, if you prefer instagram over tiktok -

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzUBEWUNaxn/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

That was badass man! 😄 Any chance you could post the ATR of the program you were jamming to?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ray Gillman said:

Kind of cool. I have to log into Tiktok and it says my account is pending deletion. My first reaction is I must have done something right to get that. My second reaction is "oh no not my Tiktok account ROFL". Final reaction is why would anyone use Tiktok instead of Youtube or Rumble or Bitchute etc?

The algorithm is like crack - it can feed your video to hundreds, thousands or hundreds of thousands of people who are not subscribed to you. I only got as far as around 16K views for my most viewed video - but it can be an easy way to get your music / material out to the people. I have reserved tiktok for "goofy" videos such as this one, the more official music releases can be found on my youtube channels @kiurelisammallahti8066 and @suomibhangra

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Houdini said:

That was badass man! 😄 Any chance you could post the ATR of the program you were jamming to?

thanks! I can, if someone gives me an instruction of how to. I have an AVG cart with a partition I am using for BASIC saves, although with this one I was using my 1050. Anyway I would be happy to just type it, too - when I find the right moment for that.

28 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

Shame, can't see any of this, unfortunately I see "Social Media" (and I use the term Social loosely) all as the devils work and avoid like the plague 🤣

Well, gotta dance with the devil... I would upload it here but I assume there is no way to host videos natively here on atariage. I suppose youtube is satan's domain, too ... although that would come with an embed if shared here? Might give it a go.

Edited by Probabilitydragon

5 hours ago, Probabilitydragon said:

Well, gotta dance with the devil... I would upload it here but I assume there is no way to host videos natively here on atariage. I suppose youtube is satan's domain, too ... although that would come with an embed if shared here? Might give it a go.

Since you are OK with it being posted here, I can save you the trouble.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 6:08 AM, Houdini said:

Not what you asked for but here’s my program listing, no typos I hope -

10 BASE=226

15 REM C=226 C#=212 D=401 Eb=377

20 POKE 53768,80:REM BIG MEGAHERTZ

30 POKE 53761,160:REM 1 OFF

40 POKE 53763,200:REM 2 ON $C

50 LASKURI=0

100 LASKURI=LASKURI+1

110 K=(INT(RND(0)*20))+1

115 SARO=192

116 IF K<4 THEN SARO=128:REM RANDOM SNARE

117 IF LASKURI=4 THEN K=1:SARO=128:LASKURI=0:POKE 710,LO:POKE 709,HI:REM SNARE AND COLOR FLASH

120 AANI=(BASE*K)-7

130 HI=INT(AANI/256)

140 LO=AANI-(HI*256)

150 POKE 53760,LO

160 POKE 53762,HI

170 FOR HIT=15 TO 2 STEP -2:REM VARY THIS LINE FOR TEMPO

180 POKE 53763,SARO+HIT

190 NEXT HIT

220 GOTO 100

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrTrust said:

What is the basis of this music?  Is it a Scandinavian folk form?  What scales are you using?  How are they harmonized?

It’s based on the Säkkijärven Polkka, which was recorded and released in the 30’s by the legendary accordion player Vili Vesterinen. It’s an accordion classic, based on polkas from around Säkkijärvi which was then Finland, now Russia. 

But I was being cheeky with the tune, flipping the scale from C minor to a scale you could describe as oriental sounding - C Db E F G Ab Bb. 

Doing a bit of improvisation based on that scale, too. In the last part, the scale is the same as in the original. For that part, the original tune transposes to F minor, which uses the same notes as the scale C Db E F G Ab Bb

Also, my own accordion is being repaired at the moment, and I borrowed this cute little cherrywood Pigini accordion from the workshop, I kinda like it. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MrTrust said:

What is the basis of this music?  Is it a Scandinavian folk form?  What scales are you using?  How are they harmonized?

In the first two parts, the original has the chords Cm G7, while my version uses C Bbm. The last part, after the improvisation, has the chords Fm C7 and Bbm. 

• Like 1

My Dad when he was still alive, was a big time Polka and Scandinavian music fan. He used to go dancing every weekend with my Mom at a place that had live Polka bands, and he was trying to learn how to play the Accordion but never mastered it unfortunately. I was never a fan back when he and Mom used to drag me and my brother over to the dance hall, but I do love what you created 👍

• Like 3