IGNORED

Is it possible to expose the FujiNet SD card FAT filesystem to SpartaDOS X?

The question is right there in the title! I don't think it's at all possible, but I'd love to be proved wrong. I know it's possible to access a FAT16-formatted partition from SpartaDOS X using the FATFS.SYS driver loaded from CONFIG.SYS, but there's no FAT32 support in SpartaDOS X, is there? ...and FAT32 is the filesystem format used for the FujiNet SD card.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, beqelessen said:

The question is right there in the title! I don't think it's at all possible, but I'd love to be proved wrong. I know it's possible to access a FAT16-formatted partition from SpartaDOS X using the FATFS.SYS driver loaded from CONFIG.SYS, but there's no FAT32 support in SpartaDOS X, is there? ...and FAT32 is the filesystem format used for the FujiNet SD card.

Not at the moment, but something could be done, without having to have the Atari do all the work... remember, the FujiNet is a computer that's hundreds of times faster than the Atari itself. ;)

-Thom

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beqelessen said:

I took a look at https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-nhandler/tree/master/handler

Seems N: protocol adaptors are implemented in assembly? I have a bit of exposure to C, but I'm mostly a bash, Python and Java guy.

It's actually implemented in the firmware. I have added the scaffolding.

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/blob/master/lib/network-protocol/SD.cpp

The bring-up instructions for the firmware are here:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/pio-6-x-howto

-THom

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi  - just wondering if there has been any joy on this? I am ideally wanting to use Fenrock's forthcoming updated CONFIGNG.COM to browse for TNFS-based stuff, quit back to & then find a way of elegantly passing that back to acess via SDX all under Altirra? But currently the Altirra drive slots & the CONFIG.COM / CONFIGNG.COM appear to be mutually exclusive ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, andyhants said:

Hi  - just wondering if there has been any joy on this? I am ideally wanting to use Fenrock's forthcoming updated CONFIGNG.COM to browse for TNFS-based stuff, quit back to & then find a way of elegantly passing that back to acess via SDX all under Altirra? But currently the Altirra drive slots & the CONFIG.COM / CONFIGNG.COM appear to be mutually exclusive ?

Thanks

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Mounting a disk in Altirra takes precedence over what FujiNet-PC has mounted. So if you boot to CONFIG, mount a disk in Slot 1, mount a disk in Altirra Drive 1, then OPTION to cold start from CONFIG, the Altirra mounted disk will boot, not the disk mounted by FujiNet-PC. If you leave the Altirra Disks empty, you *should* be able to use CONFIGNG to mount new disks in FujiNet-PC on demand I think.

Yes, partially. Initial support for PCLINK protocol was added into FujiNet-PC (only) (Altirra does support its own PCLINK, i.e. FN-PC does not bring new feature when used with Altirra). Current implementation is hard-coded to PCL1: => FujieNet-PC's "SD" folder. I would like to extend the idea to make PCL# => FujeNet's host slot # to support not only SD card (and to re-use existing utilities for changing target behind PCL#). At the moment we are busy with merging FujiNet-PC and FujiNet into single code base as it is crucial for future development (huge task). Once done, it will be much easier to add and share features on both platforms (and I can focus on unfinished bits). Stay tuned :)

On 1/13/2024 at 11:19 AM, apc said:

Yes, partially. Initial support for PCLINK protocol was added into FujiNet-PC (only) (Altirra does support its own PCLINK, i.e. FN-PC does not bring new feature when used with Altirra). Current implementation is hard-coded to PCL1: => FujieNet-PC's "SD" folder. I would like to extend the idea to make PCL# => FujeNet's host slot # to support not only SD card (and to re-use existing utilities for changing target behind PCL#). At the moment we are busy with merging FujiNet-PC and FujiNet into single code base as it is crucial for future development (huge task). Once done, it will be much easier to add and share features on both platforms (and I can focus on unfinished bits). Stay tuned :)

Ok, I'm confused now (not difficult). I'm running an Altirra config which has PCLink configured/enabled & set to a Virtual Hard Disk on my host PC. I've also got FujiNet-PC setup & that's got a Windows folder setup as the SD card (C:/FujiNet_PC/fujinet_pc/SD). That said I must confess I only vaguely recall why I setup PCLink on Altirra in the first place  - I think it was only to enable FujiNet-PC to work but not sure (damn you Sauvignon Blanc).  

So from the SDX CLI prompt when I type PCL1: & do a DIR it shows me what in the PCLInk Virtual HD & not the SD Card. So my question is how do I get PCL1: to point to the FujiNet SD card? I thought from what you said above that's what FujiNet does? Or do I need to disable PCLink on Altirra & let Fujinet-PC do the work ? 

As ever thanks again for any help.

For now, I would say, with Altirra use PCLink provided by Altirra (it will be faster than external solution). If you want to use PCLink from FujiNet with Altirra, you need to deactivate Altirra's PCLink (same for any other SIO device, like D1: P: etc.). The idea is to add network file systems support into FujiNet's PCLink in a future, more work needed here.

To summarize the topic - there is work in progress on:

a) SD protocol adapter (N: device will be able to point files/dirs on SD card)

b) PCLink (enable FN-PC code on FN, add network file system support)