IGNORED

Anthology REMIX goes dloG

Klove

Hey All!

Just a quick note to let you know that Anthology REMIX should go GOLD by the end of the day.

I believe Walmart is going to be getting a Special "Packaged" Version, and they're actually getting the game first.

Have Fun 'n' Hope Ya' Like It!

- K

:? I thought that the GBA version was the first one to be released. It may just be a bad assumption, but the first press releases and articles that were mentioned here were both about the GBA version, so I thought it natural it would come out first.

Also, does the "dolG" status depend on how many copies the stores buy or how many copies that consumers buy?

:?  I thought that the GBA version was the first one to be released.  It may just be a bad assumption, but the first press releases and articles that were mentioned here were both about the GBA version, so I thought it natural it would come out first.

The GBA version of the Anthology is not quite the same as the Anthology Remix. The GBA Anthology is (more or less) a port of the original Anthology. The Remix adds more games and probably other features that I am unaware of. That does not make the GBA Anthology any less seductive, I'm impressed with what was crammed into a GBA cart as it is. :)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick note to let you know that Anthology REMIX should go GOLD by the end of the day.

Is that a sales rating? How many sales do you need for GOLD?

Please explain for an uninformed person like me. :)

Gold stands for the gold master version, the disc that is going to the cd manufacturer.

Which, if it refers to a CD-R, is now an anachronism because I don't even think you can get gold CD-Rs anymore.

Whoops! Meant to say that it's the PC version.

Hey Ken:

When will the Mac version be ready?

And PS2? Xbox? GameCube?

THANKS!

-PongHit

Don't hold your breath. The only possible one was the XBOX, but that seems to have died down. Ken never seems to mention the possibilty anymore.

And marketing hates the GameCube and marketing runs the industry.

Don't hold your breath.  The only possible one was the XBOX, but that seems to have died down.  Ken never seems to mention the possibilty anymore. . . .

Well, according to Ken (Activision), & the publisher (MacPlay), the MACINTOSH version will be out very soon:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35854

http://www.macplay.com/games/anthology.php

So, I'm holding my breath.

-PongHit

Okay, went to Wal-mart to get some pictures developed today and there it was in the PC section. It's in a blue small box the size of an Atari box.

I bought it because I had to have a copy today. Now I just have to sit and wait for my copy to arrive in the mail.

Here's my take on this...

It plays well (the Activision games). I really enjoyed playing these again. I don't have the carts so I can't play them on my VCS.

Visually everything looks fine except...

It seems as though they moved the screen over to the left a bit. I noticed that the Activision games (which used the HMOVE lines on every scan line) show sort of a full horizontal resolution. So it seems they moved the display over to the left to make the games look more centered. Ultimately removing the HMOVE lines.

This didn't work well on other games :sad: I played Space Treat Deluxe and the title screen is moved over a bit where you can't see the whole thing. Also it seems as if the score is not centered. This is okay as the game is still fully playable.

Now Climber 5 and Dragonfire have different stories :sad:

Climber 5 starts out in PAL display mode (player 2 difficulty switch set to A) so the colors aren't right. If you switch to NTSC mode then the game becomes unplayable. The screen is moved up too high to see the top level where the ball is located.

Dragonfire also suffers from the vertical screen resolution. The top part of the screen is cut off a bit and the bottom part is cut off where you can't see the remaining number of lives.

These are the only 2 games I saw problems with. I haven't played too many though. So far I've played Bloody Human Freeway, Chooper Command, Demon Attack, Dragonfire, Enduro, Kaboom!, Keystone Kapers, Laser Blast, Laser Gates, Megamania, Private Eye, River Raid, Sky JinksKaboom, Enduro, Private Eye, Venetian Blinds, Climber 5, and Space Treat Deluxe.

I also like the 80's music in the background. I do question Wild, Wild, West by Kool Moe Dee though. Didn't this come out in the late 80's when the NES was on top? I could be wrong but were any of these games released during that time frame?

Wild Wild West by KMD came out in 87 just to let you know.

I guess I was focusing on other things that year besides video games :D

I assume this means it's out now? Care to tell us where you bought it from? My local Walmart didn't have it on Saturday.

Yeah, my local Wal-mart had it on Thurs. 10/30. My parents also picked up a copy this past weekend at their local Wal-mart. GameStop says they're shipping them now too. I think they're suppose to be released widely tomorrow.

• 2 months later...