IGNORED

2600+ Power Brick, what should I get?

82-T/A

On 12/29/2023 at 12:30 PM, suspicious_milk said:

The Common Sense Cable Consortium (CSCC) says:

1.  If the plug fits; it's compatibility is guaranteed.

2.  Plugs can only fit in one possible orientation.

3.  A different cable type should be provided for each purpose (A/V I/O etc)

4.  Each cable type has different shapes.

Unfortunately, Ron Gooley, the founder of CSCC was mercilessly targeted through a highly effective "smear & erase" campaign orchestrated by the CIA in conjunction with aid from the CCP.  His whereabouts are currently unknown, and his existence is denied by the powers that be.

This sounds made up.

I use a standard Raspberry Pi4 usb-c power cable. Works great, dirt cheap, easy to find online.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/608170/4_Official_15W_Power_Supply_US_-_Black;_51V_-_30A_DC_output;_96-264Vac_operating_input_range;_Short_circuit-overcurrent-over_temperature_protection?storeID=121

Edited by John Stamos Mullet
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hawkangel said:

One timely question I have as well - can I connect a USB extension cable to the 2600+ power cable? My Tv doesn’t have a USB connection and I have to go to a wall socket. 

As long as it's a quality cable and it's not longer than ten feet or so. When they're longer than that, especially when used with higher amp draw devices, it can result in increasing voltage drops. If it's longer than ten feet, I'd consider using a regular extension cable to bring the 110/220V closer to your device, which is actually what I do with my 2600+ and Gamestation Pro. 

• Like 2