IGNORED

Iron Soldier II and Breakout 2000 going out of print?

jgkspsx

On 11/22/2023 at 11:32 PM, Major Havoc 2049 said:

I ordered Worms from Telegames UK earlier this year and received my copy in a timely manner. Their web site is wonky though and certain parts of it seem to have broken links. I think I went to a page that listed all their games by console and was able to order from there.  You might have to hunt and peck around to find the page that works. I didn't have tons of confidence when I placed my order, but rolled the dice and got my game. 🤣

Same it's been a yr or so they communicated by email accepted a coupon that was going at the time with shipping and conversion of dollars to pounds I got what was 150 buck games for 80 bucks or so, new in box...and finished most of my retail collection 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I for one will always be eternally grateful to Peter at Telegames. I started collecting Jaguar games in 2015, when I found my old console and some loose carts on my mums attic and it reignited by interest. I did an online search and was amazed to find Telegames still in business having bought Colecovision games off them decades earlier. Yes the website was a bit old fashioned but there was nowhere else selling brand new sealed Jaguar games that literally looked like they had just come off a shop shelf.

Attack of the mutant Penguins £15

Doom £25

Wolfenstein £25

Missile Commsnd 3D £30

Defender £30

Brutal Football £15

Iron Soldier £20

Baldies CD £10 - he must have had a mass of them… and nearly every other game except Atari Karts - prices usually from £15 up to AVP which had a high price of about £70 for brand new and sealed.

The Telegames titles such as Breakout 2000, IS2 etc always were expensive - £60 up to £80 - which was hard to swallow when their boxes often looked poorly printed compared to the far cheaper non Telegames titles but I still bought them 

I know Telegames have had some stick over the years for the box quality but I for one have nothing but praise for Peter for all the games I got from him between 2015 and 2019… I know my collection of 130 sealed games is a tad excessive with 6 sealed copies of Attack of the Mutsnt Penguins, 5 sealed copies of Doom etc and at least two sealed of every other Atari game and nearly all bought from Telegames at what in hindsight was a great price.

yes the website may have been ancient but Peter did have the games and every order I made with him, and there were lots, were fulfilled with never a problem. I suspect others in the UK were able to build a cracking collection of games thanks to his company too.

I just wonder how much he bought all that old stock for when Atari gave up on the Jaguar? It must have been crazily cheap to think he still had loads of it so many years later and was selling it relatively cheaply too - well relatively cheaply compared to todays crazy prices.

• Like 4