IGNORED

Podcast: help for some Ataryi Lynx entries

New Game Old Flame

Hello there, and welcome to the forums!

The community would certainly have some titles to recommend covering, for sure.

I guess you should precise the scope of the covering, like if the games should be considered finished or not, if they were released as physical carts or not, etc.

Hey Xhul, thanks for taking the time!

We like to cover and review finished games (be them digital or in cart format), but we also have a section in our discord server where we update our listeners about games in progress, there are also many devs there and they post their progress on the game they are working on.

We also use the news segment in our podcast to let people know what games are in the works.

If the game is particularly well done and/or meaty we do special focus episodes (the first is coming out next weekend) or we ask our listeners to participate in Game Club episodes (we've done a couple up to now).
We have high score challenges once a year (for now) with prizes (last first prize won a Megadrive cart)!

I've had a poke around the website forums and there are quite a few consoles we haven't covered yet.
In fact we haven't had any good Atari entries in general so I'd love to collate some nice games that you guys would recommend.

Thanks for your help

Edited by New Game Old Flame

That's great news, up to now I only had Zaku on my radar.
I will try and get in touch with the devs for the games you suggested.
If there's anything else you think you'd like to flag up that would be awesome!

I am curious about the Jaguar as well, maybe I should do a post in that sub forum too?
Or maybe a more generic one to highlight the games this community feels to be the best?

What do you guys think?

The Lynx has had a very healthy homebrew scene, so you have tons to choose from.  Among the best are Zaku, Wyvern Tales, Sky Raider, Cybervirus, and Championship Rally, but there are literally dozens of well-made and completed homebrew titles to choose from.

You can find a fairly exhaustive list here.

As for Jaguar games, it's the same situation:  lots of good stuff to pick from with a couple highlights (Asteroite, Lings of Edom, Last Strike, Rebooteroids, Xenon 2: Megablast).  Your best bet would be to make a parallel thread in that sub-forum.

Not forgetting"Odynexus", most recent Release, just won WIP award for 2022.

Not being exactly impartial, but for Jaguar "Gravitic Mines" is another highlight, voted best homebrew of 2022.😅

https://anderlex.itch.io/

Also check out "RED" by LordKraken, free version available.

Edited by agradeneu

@PFG 9000 Thanks for that, I'll use it as my main Atari Lynx tool.

@Turbo Laser Lynx We talk about all games released after the platforms have been superceeded or discontinued, anything  to raise the spotlight on products that might not have been brought to light as well as they could have.

@agradeneu Wow, those look really nice, it seems there is a demo for Jumping at shadows, but not for gravitic mines.

Also if you guys want to have a listen, I would appreciate an honest opinion on our podcast :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, New Game Old Flame said:

@PFG 9000 Thanks for that, I'll use it as my main Atari Lynx tool.

@Turbo Laser Lynx We talk about all games released after the platforms have been superceeded or discontinued, anything  to raise the spotlight on products that might not have been brought to light as well as they could have.

@agradeneu Wow, those look really nice, it seems there is a demo for Jumping at shadows, but not for gravitic mines.

Also if you guys want to have a listen, I would appreciate an honest opinion on our podcast :)

Thanks! There is a demo of Gravitic on Reboots website.

Added a link on GM website. 

Edited by agradeneu

Just a note that any online reference to RED, whether on the itch "official" page, atarigamer/lynx vault, etc, refers to the jam version that is now 3 years old. I released a special edition at ejagfest last month that contains around 30% of the final game. Game is expected to be released spring 2024, so max 6 months from now, but I will in the meantime revamp the itch page and possibly put a new demo.

But Odynexus is a good candidate for your podcast in the meantime :) (and other games suggested here).

Creepmas works!

Sure you can find us on any podcasting app, the name is "New Game Old Flame".
We also have a website at https://www.newgameoldflame.com.

Up to now we have covered microcomputers (ZX Spectrum, C64, Amiga, Atari 7800 - Just one game, MSX) and some consoles (lots of Gameboy, NES, Megadrive, Dreamcast, 1PC Engine, SNES), but we aim to diversify mainly to not make it feel like other consoles and/or microcomputers are dead.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Not forgetting"Odynexus", most recent Release, just won WIP award for 2022.

I would love to recommend Odynexus, but it hasn't appeared in the AtariAge shop yet, and I wasn't able to make it to the PRGE 2,000 miles away.  I'll gladly send you the funds with shipping if you can send me a leftover PRGE copy.  😇

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

I would love to recommend Odynexus, but it hasn't appeared in the AtariAge shop yet, and I wasn't able to make it to the PRGE 2,000 miles away.  I'll gladly send you the funds with shipping if you can send me a leftover PRGE copy.  😇

Me too. Hope it will be available soon.