IGNORED

Has anyone gotten 'Amico Home' working?

bikeguychicago

Ok. Played with this for 4 hours this am. Here's the deal. I could not get a chromebook and a Samsung s23 to reliably connect and play. All sorts of issues. That said, I was able to get a modified kids fire tablet to host and connect multiple phones to it. I was also able to host on the s23 and connect multiple phones to it. I tried to run it on a windows pc through bluestacks, but there are networking issues there so I gave up after running some port traces. In the final scenario, where I had an s23+ running it I was able to connect the modified kids fire tablet, another s23+, a contixo tablet running Android go, and an old Samsung 7 phone to it. I bought the sideswipers car game to try. All 4 players could connect, all 4 players could play...until they couldn't. The controllers would all randomly disconnect at once, sometimes the game froze and needed to be reset, and a couple times it would start without all cars on the track but after a round would fix itself. This is an interesting concept, but trying to run this software on any android hardware out there is going to be a complex mess to sort out for a multitude of reasons. I hope they get this sorted out and really should focus in on supporting a certain series of devices they know it works well with.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 1:59 PM, Dev said:

I hope they get this sorted out and really should focus in on supporting a certain series of devices they know it works well with.

They should probably focus on something other than Android, which is all over the place in terms of specs, screen sizes, video output support, and more. But it doesn't really matter, because Amico is indistinguishable from an investment scam based on what we've seen from their behavior and communication. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Haven't clicked on this but looking at the title and the source would you say it's an unbiased review of the facts? 🤔😂

It’s a lot more accurate than anything the would-be saviour of Intellivision had to say. 

Companion piece: 

Anyone who says they are “unbiased” about Amico at this point is selling something. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Flojomojo said:

It’s a lot more accurate than anything the would-be saviour of Intellivision had to say. 

Companion piece: 

Anyone who says they are “unbiased” about Amico at this point is selling something. 

Just more a joke about Rev's crush on certain podcasters. 😬

• Haha 1

Folks,

Just saw the email on the Amazon store having the Amico app, so I ordered a new Fire Max stick for 40 bucks on sale to try it. I bought the Missle Command game. My phone connected to it seamlessly and the game play was solid. I only played 30 mins, but everything was smooth. No disconnects, lag, or anything. They may have finally figured out how to get this out there since 40 bucks is a reasonable entry point for them to start to deploy games. I didn't try it on the new 20 dollar fire stick, but I did on an old model I had from a few years ago and it couldn't handle it 

I'm going to try it with multiple controllers later.

• Like 1