IGNORED

The "Coleco Chameleon" lives?!?!?

TPR

Well, sort of! 😂

This new SD Cart from Digital Fluff & Dragonfly Amusement will allow you to play 4 different systems on one cart! ColecoVision games, Casio PV-2000, Sega SG-1000, and Creativision. The fifth system on the box CV+ adds some additional system functionality like being able to go back to the main menu without powering down the system, etc, but that options seems only for homebrew games or games using larger than 128k ROMs.

Overall, this cart seems to work pretty well although I have been traveling quite a bit so I haven't been able to give it a full run down, but every ROM I've tried so far seems to work just fine!

You can get more details about it here:
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

Who do i send Paypal to?

I do not sell them.  I posted the link to the website above. 

EDIT: Also they are based in Europe.  So by your posting, if you just emailed them an hour ago, and it's currently midnight on the east coast USA, that means it's very early in the morning in Europe and they probably aren't even awake yet.  Hell, even if they were based in the US and you emailed someone at 11pm at night, do you really think you'd instantly get a response???

9 hours ago, TPR said:

I do not sell them.  I posted the link to the website above. 

EDIT: Also they are based in Europe.  So by your posting, if you just emailed them an hour ago, and it's currently midnight on the east coast USA, that means it's very early in the morning in Europe and they probably aren't even awake yet.  Hell, even if they were based in the US and you emailed someone at 11pm at night, do you really think you'd instantly get a response???

I got Confirmation that the cart is shipping to me today

As a side note if you ever get to myrtle beach i will treat you to a ride on the new FUNplex coaster.  Its small but a lot of fun if you ride in the hamster wheel

43 minutes ago, youki said:

How it can play Creativision Games?   

Since it’s a 6502 processor system, I would guess some kind of emulation built into the firmware??? It uses the same video and sound chip as the ColecoVision.

I’m equally impressed by the CV+ capabilities but wonder if that will work on an ADAM. Seems to me that the extra memory support provided would have to be disabled like the Opcode SGM does when connected to an ADAM.

8DBDC86C-B5E1-49E3-B3A5-58F82C4EA801.thumb.JPEG.5fc49da9fde6246e48a02b39277a0079.JPEG

Doing some more testing with the Chameleon cartridge today and the follow games have been tested and have all worked as expected in the basic "ColecoVision" mode being played on the Phoenix:

Legacy Titles:

Cosmic Avenger

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Junior

Frenzy

Frogger

Gorf

H.E.R.O.

Lady Bug

Mouse Trap

Mr. Do!

Oil's Well

Pepper II

Popeye

Q*Bert

Space Fury

Tapper

Time Pilot

Venture

Zaxxon

Homebrew Titles:

Arkanoid

Cacorn

Donkey Kong Super Game (ADAM Port)

Donkey Kong Junior Super Game (ADAM Port)

Elevator Action

Galaga

Ghostbusters

Girl's Garden

Goonies

Jeepers Creepers

Kung Fu Master

Mario Bros.

Multiverse

Pac-Man Collection

Pooyan

Rally-X

Rip Cord

Side Trak

Space Invaders Collection

Star Castle

Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe

Yie-Ar Kung Fu

Zaxxon Super Game (ADAM Port)

I have also tested quite a few of these on my ADAM with the exact same results. My ADAM has an SGM and an F18a mod. I did not test all of them on the ADAM but with what I have tested so far I have no reason to believe all the above games wouldn't work with the same results as what I saw on the Phoenix.

Hope this helps! To order one of these carts, you need to go here:

https://www.digitalfluff.net/ColecoChameleon/ 

• Like 2

I sent an email yesterday afternoon; fingers crossed.  I missed out on the stand-alone SG-1000 multicart when it was posted a while back.  I've been waiting/hoping for a second run but the SG-1000 multicart webpage has not since been updated.  I assume this multi-console version is the new & improved one moving forward.  

Still waiting to hear back… How is it others placed an order so easily & it’s on its way? Is anyone else in the USA having issues contacting them & simply placing their order? Every day / hour that passes they’re more likely to become sold out. Why not do preorders? Why not have a reserve list?  I don’t know if I’m in line or not even being considered. There’s always eBay later on I guess. Pretty frustrating to miss out when things like this get posted. 

On 12/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, lucifershalo said:

I noticed that 

Buck Rogers super game SGM (Teampixelboy) doesn't load 😞

Yes, three games I have tried don't load: Buck Rogers Super Game, Dragon's Lair, and Wizard of Wor.   But that's also because those files are over 128k or 131kb file size which it clearly states in the documentation those won't work. But every single game I've loaded under that file size, which is probably over half of the CV legacy and homebrew library by now, work just fine. 

From the product page website:https://www.digitalfluff.net/ColecoChameleon/

Question: Game X for sytem Y does not work?

Answer:

Technically, that is not a question. But sometimes a game you obtained will not work. Take into account that the max rom size for ColecoVision / ColecoVision+ is 128 kilobytes. Also there are sometimes different versions of a game file out there.

17 minutes ago, rodge2001 said:

Still waiting to hear back… How is it others placed an order so easily & it’s on its way? Is anyone else in the USA having issues contacting them & simply placing their order? Every day / hour that passes they’re more likely to become sold out. Why not do preorders? Why not have a reserve list?  I don’t know if I’m in line or not even being considered. There’s always eBay later on I guess. Pretty frustrating to miss out when things like this get posted. 

I would say just be patient.  Remember you aren't ordering from Amazon.  These are just a couple of guys doing this in their spare time. They are also in Europe which is a very different time zone.  And it's the weekend.  So maybe they are out doing things with their family or other day to day activities?  You made your post less than 24 hours ago.  Again, they aren't "Amazon Prime."  Just chill out... wait... and I'm sure they will get back to you like they have everyone else. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 11:18 AM, TPR said:
 Well, sort of! 😂

This new SD Cart from Digital Fluff & Dragonfly Amusement will allow you to play 4 different systems on one cart! ColecoVision games, Casio PV-2000, Sega SG-1000, and Creativision. The fifth system on the box CV+ adds some additional system functionality like being able to go back to the main menu without powering down the system, etc, but that options seems only for homebrew games or games using larger than 128k ROMs.

Overall, this cart seems to work pretty well although I have been traveling quite a bit so I haven't been able to give it a full run down, but every ROM I've tried so far seems to work just fine!

You can get more details about it here:

The page now says Backordered. It isn't listed on the page, what was the rough price?

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, teuton17 said:

Hi,

Can anyone share the supported file formats by system…

A 16Gb SD Card is included with the Chameleon cart, so really no need to setup another SD Card. More than likely it uses FAT32.

Seeing as the included SD card is setup by them and includes numerous roms already, just organize all the roms you want to copy to it on your PC so that you are all ready when it arrives.

• Like 1