IGNORED

Atari50 collecton is getting an update next Tuesday!!

PowerDubs

Interesting hints:

🔷 🔶 🌽
🏀 🗑️ 🏀 🗑️
🚙 🐎
🔫 🤽

First line don't know. A couple diamonds and corn.

Second line suggests a couple basketball games.

Third line, possibly Indy 500 and/or steeplechase.

Fourth line don't know.  A squirt gun and a water polo player.

For the folks saying Berzerk -- as much as I'd find that fun, there's no notable historic connection to Atari.  Bounty Bob started as an Atari computer title, at least...

Assuming this retains the concept of being tied to just Atari stuff, the question is what the current Atari still holds the rights to.

I'd like more 800/XL/XE stuff...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, DavidD said:

For the folks saying Berzerk -- as much as I'd find that fun, there's no notable historic connection to Atari.  Bounty Bob started as an Atari computer title, at least...

Assuming this retains the concept of being tied to just Atari stuff, the question is what the current Atari still holds the rights to.

I read they acquired the rights to Berzerk in March from what i read, though whether they would choose to include it or not is a toss up; is still my favourite 2600 game so would be a big bonus for me.

10 hours ago, DavidD said:

Atari released home versions of Berzerk.    Miner 2049er was released to at least a dozen systems by several different publishers, none of which are Atari.   So I'd say there's more Atari connections to Berzerk

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zzip said:

Atari released home versions of Berzerk.    Miner 2049er was released to at least a dozen systems by several different publishers, none of which are Atari.   So I'd say there's more Atari connections to Berzerk

I also suspect Atari wants to monetize Berzerk, so it would be surprising if they gave it away for free.   They got 9 games from the Stern Acquisition, only two are well-know,  so I could see them dumping the other 7 in a collection like this.   They could figure out a way to make it make sense in the timeline I suppose :)

13 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

they did say that there will be prototypes and homebrews coming... perhaps this is what these are?  I'm just excited to see more games coming to this collection!

Hopefully it's prototypes and homebrews.  We'll find out on 12/5.  It's good that more games are being added to the Atari 50 collection.  

22 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

Gauntlet? (Blue = valkyrie, Yellow = wizard, Corn = food?) Dark Chambers? Maze Craze? (corn maze?) Maze Invaders prototype? How could blue/yellow diamonds be Kung Food?

Double Dunk! (Baskball Net Basketball Net = dunk dunk)

Moto Rodeo? (Car?, Horse = rodeo?)

Not sure what the waterpolo shooting game could be. Shooting Arcade proto? The non-water Polo prototype somehow?

• Like 2

On 11/30/2023 at 11:32 AM, SpiceWare said:

Interesting hints:

First one is OBVIOUSLY Demons to Diamonds: Cornhole Edition (duuuuh!)  :P

Honest guesses though would be Double Dunk, Steeplechase, and ... well shoot.  I was going to say Aquaventure but isn't that already on there?

Subnautica demake?? :P

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, zzip said:

See, I'd LIKE Berzerk, but it's not an Atari title any more than Space Invaders was.

Although someone mentioning Gauntlet (not Atari any more) made me wonder... any chance of anything like Dandy or other APX stuff?

• Confused 1