IGNORED

My 7800 rarity guide...

ApolloBoy

Since AA's 7800 guide is inaccurate, I decided to make my own...

Atari

Ace of Aces - 3

Alien Brigade - 8

Asteroids - 1

Ballblazer - 1

Barnyard Blaster - 2

Basketbrawl - 7

Centipede - 1

Choplifter - 1

Commando - 4

Crack'ed - 3

Crossbow - 2

Dark Chambers - 2

Desert Falcon - 2

Dig Dug - 1

Donkey Kong - 1

Donkey Kong Jr. - 1

Fatal Run - 7

Fight Night - 4

Galaga - 1

Hat Trick- 1

Ikari Warriors - 8

Impossible Mission - 5

Jinks - 1

Joust - 1

Karateka - 1

Mario Bros. - 3

Mat Mania Challenge - 6

Mean 18 - 9

Meltdown - 2

Midnight Mutants - 4

Motor Psycho - 7

Ninja Golf - 6

One-on-One Basketball - 1

Planet Smashers - 7

Pole Position II - 1

RealSports Baseball - 2

Robotron 2084 - 1

Scrapyard Dog - 4

Summer Games - 4

Super Huey UH-IX - 3

Touchdown Football - 3

Tower Toppler - 1

Winter Games - 4

Xenophobe - 5

Xevious - 1

Absolute/Activision

Double Dragon - 5

F-18 Hornet - 4

Kung-Fu Master - 5

Pete Rose Baseball - 6

Rampage - 4

Super Skateboardin' - 4

Title Match Pro Wrestling - 6

Tomcat: The F-14 Fighter Simulator - 5

Froggo

Tank Command - 8

Water Ski - 3

What do you think? :)

Shouldn't the rarities be relative? I mean, saying something is a 1 shouldn't mean that it's easy to find so much as it's easy to find relative to other games.

IMO, there should be 1's and 10's by default in every rarity guide - 10 being the rarest game for the system, even if there's five million of them out there; and 1 being the most common even if there's only several thousand of them.

I think the Al's mention in the rarity guide that they're not meant to be relative to EACH OTHER; ie, a 1 for the Lynx, for example, is significantly harder to find than a 1 for the 2600.

• 3 months later...
I don't think any 5200 or 7800 game is worthy of a 9. :)

I think that you would have to at least consider Bounty Bob or Meteorites for a rarity 9 status. I have owned Meteorites for 20 years, but I purcharsed it through an ad in the old Electronic Games magazine (I also bought the Vectrex 3d goggles and games from the same issue). Bounty Bob and Meteorites are very very rare. CPUWIZ and myself look through pretty much every decent Atari listing on eBay and I can tell you that those two titles do not show up that often and good luck finding them in the wild.

Shouldn't the rarities be relative? I mean, saying something is a 1 shouldn't mean that it's easy to find so much as it's easy to find relative to other games.  

IMO, there should be 1's and 10's by default in every rarity guide - 10 being the rarest game for the system, even if there's five million of them out there; and 1 being the most common even if there's only several thousand of them.

I think the Al's mention in the rarity guide that they're not meant to be relative to EACH OTHER; ie, a 1 for the Lynx, for example, is significantly harder to find than a 1 for the 2600.

I agree that a 2600 "Asteroids" and a 7800 "Asteroids" are nowhere in the same league as each other in terms of ease of finding. Still, I think that it's generally understood that the guides are only meant to be used as a comparison to games in each respective system. I could see how it could be confusing to a noob, however.

I don’t know why I even bothered to chime in here, BTW. Xot pretty much said the same thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...