IGNORED

VecVox?

rennocbob

I just ordered the AtariVox

The Vector Blade manual mentions VecVox / VecVoxx

It is unclear to me why there is a different spelling sometimes, are there 2 versions?

Regardless, the VecVox has a built-in speaker, and maybe some other things different from the AtariVox specifically for the Vectrex (?)

Is anybody still making / selling the VecVoxs?

Thanks!

I think Atariage is the only one currently selling the Vecvoxx/Vecvoice via the Atarivox. You can select either mode via dip switches on the Atarivox board. Be careful opening the clips on the Atarivox as they are a little brittle imo. Also be aware that the Atarivox cannot be plugged directly into the Vectrex and requires either a breakout cable or a Genesis controller extension cable with the female connector housing shaved down to fit the Vectrex controller port.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 4:59 AM, rennocbob said:

I just ordered the AtariVox

The Vector Blade manual mentions VecVox / VecVoxx

It is unclear to me why there is a different spelling sometimes, are there 2 versions?

Regardless, the VecVox has a built-in speaker, and maybe some other things different from the AtariVox specifically for the Vectrex (?)

Is anybody still making / selling the VecVoxs?

Thanks!

The manual for Vectorblade  mentions "VecVox". Not "VecVoxx".

"VecVox" mode is supported mode for the AtariVox+. It also supports "VecVoice" mode as well.

At one point, back in the past,,, Madtronix offered the "VecVoxX". His "VecVoxX" also supported both Vectrex voice modes "VecVox" and "VecVoice".