IGNORED

Madness Beverage (by BlueSunsetGames) - (in VCS Store)

Atari_JaguarVCS

Madness Beverage is a first person shooter game by developer Blue Sunset Games and is coming to the Atari VCS 800 store very soon. See the trailer below! Blue Sunset Games have brought quite a few games over to the Atari VCS 800 now such as Skinny & Franco : Fists Of Violence, Ultimate Ski Jumping. I get Painkiller and Doom vibes from this game and it should be a good edition to the Atari VCS 800 game library, our only first person shooter so far.  YouTube launch trailer below from the Xbox version but it should give you a good idea of what to expect in terms of visuals and gameplay.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, scifidude79 said:

I'm so happy to see a game like this coming to the VCS. Most of the games that have come out thus far are a lot of fun, but none really show what the VCS hardware can really do. This game will change that.

This is true, its a nice change to see something like this game coming to the Atari VCS 800 store and i look forward to picking it up. I don't know if the more flashy graphics might put a lot of Atari VCS owners off purchasing the game though as many VCS users prefer the simpler looking type of games the console offers and this might be a shock to the system for them at first😅. I'll play anything though so ill be buying it as soon as it hits the store. This is a great looking game but the Atari VCS is definetaly capable of visuals above this but for that you would need to jump into PC mode.

• Like 1

This looks like a lot of fun. Its definitely a change of pace for the VCS game library, but so we're Skinny and Franko and Ultimate Ski Jumping (and they're both awesome additions). Maybe that's just Blue Sunset Games' style. Keep the game library diverse.

Plus it seems oddly fitting to have a Doom clone on Atari's 1st console since the Jaguar. Bring on the Iron Soldier clone next.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zzip said:

Gen-X gets shafted again!   :lol:   It feels like we were the ones playing those games, not the Boomers :)

Agreed. My parents are boomers and they like Angry Birds and Solitaire. I'm the one who put in the time in games like Duke Nukem 3D, Goldeneye, Shadow Warrior and of course Doom. (there are many others, but those are some of my favorites)

Edited by scifidude79
  • Like 2

I've pretty much just left the game settings as is for the time being but I'll need to dive in and change the camera sensitivity for sure as its far to quick and twitchy with a controller. So far in my opinion its a fairly decent game for the low price! Its definetaly a rough around the edges Painkiller wanna be clone, very reminiscent of those dodgy but fun early 2000 games and I'm liking and enjoying it for that, takes me back to the days of playing FPS games on my old Pentium 3 gaming PC for some reason 😀.

• Like 1

Looks like the Atari VCS 800 version of Madness Beverage is the superior PC version of the game. I picked up the Xbox version of the game this evening as i wanted to see if that suffered the same framerate issues in certain areas as the Atari VCS 800 version and not only does it suffer the same issues its actually worse in many ways. On the Xbox version of the game I've noticed that the camera sensitivity is far to slow even on the highest setting, but on the Atari VCS 800 the camera is very quick and sensitive and can make aiming difficult until you lower it " feels set up for a keyboard and mouse on the VCS". I've also noticed that throwing a grenade in the Xbox version the grenade travels through the air almost as if in slow motion which i don't really see on the Atari VCS version. 

I watched a YouTube review by Dadisajoke i think it was where he kinda thought it might be the Atari VCS 800 not up to the job but its just the game itself I'm afraid, it doesn't seem well optimized at all for every platform its on but if you think the VCS version is sketchy try the Xbox version and it'll  make you greatfull for the sensitive turning camera on the VCS version 😅. Anyway I'm progressing through the game pretty well and enjoy it its worth the asking price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it's not too bad of a game so far. You can tell it's a lower budget FPS, but not a bad one. I wish it was set up for a mouse and keyboard on the VCS, but the store says it's only compatible with the classic and modern controllers. I'm using modern because I shudder to think how bad it could be with a classic joystick. There are some kinds of games that just aren't meant for a 2600 style of controller, and I think a 3D FPS counts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scifidude79 said:

Yeah, it's not too bad of a game so far. You can tell it's a lower budget FPS, but not a bad one. I wish it was set up for a mouse and keyboard on the VCS, but the store says it's only compatible with the classic and modern controllers. I'm using modern because I shudder to think how bad it could be with a classic joystick. There are some kinds of games that just aren't meant for a 2600 style of controller, and I think a 3D FPS counts.

I couldn't imagine playing it with joystick, must be an error in the store the classic joystick doesn't even have the right amount of buttons to play the game properly never mind anything else 🤣. I think the game would play with a keyboard and mouse plugged in, i might give it a try tomorrow. I'm kinda getting Destiny vibes from the game now it seems to get better the further in to it you get and some of the weapons are sick! 

1 hour ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I couldn't imagine playing it with joystick, must be an error in the store the classic joystick doesn't even have the right amount of buttons to play the game properly never mind anything else 🤣. I think the game would play with a keyboard and mouse plugged in, i might give it a try tomorrow. I'm kinda getting Destiny vibes from the game now it seems to get better the further in to it you get and some of the weapons are sick! 

I might give it a look with a keyboard and mouse. I have a nice wireless set with a single receiver. I've gotten spoiled with playing FPS games on PC.

To be honest, I'm tempted to try it with the classic joystick just for shiggles. 🤣

Edited by scifidude79
  • Like 1

OK, they definitely put the wrong icon on the store page.

20231220_220523.thumb.jpg.328f27efd8ef45b7e97a2bb684e705db.jpg

Instead of the classic joystick icon, it should be a mouse. I hooked up my Logitech wireless combo and I was able to play Madness Beverage on the VCS with those controls. 😎 I found myself much better at the game as movement and aiming were as smooth as I expect them to be with a mouse and keyboard. Also, I tried the classic joystick like I said I would and the game won't register any input from that controller.

Anyway, I'll play more of the game tomorrow. It's pretty fun so far, and I'm going to like it much better with mouse and keyboard controls.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scifidude79 said:

OK, they definitely put the wrong icon on the store page.

20231220_220523.thumb.jpg.328f27efd8ef45b7e97a2bb684e705db.jpg

Instead of the classic joystick icon, it should be a mouse. I hooked up my Logitech wireless combo and I was able to play Madness Beverage on the VCS with those controls. 😎 I found myself much better at the game as movement and aiming were as smooth as I expect them to be with a mouse and keyboard. Also, I tried the classic joystick like I said I would and the game won't register any input from that controller.

Anyway, I'll play more of the game tomorrow. It's pretty fun so far, and I'm going to like it much better with mouse and keyboard controls.

That's how ill be playing with the keyboard and mouse! Thanks for trying it out and confirming it works 🙂

• Like 1