IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

1 hour ago, Marc Fiorillo said:

Well, instead of San Francisco, you get a trip to Minnesota and Wade's house!!

Sounds nice... also i thought Atari was from NYC and AA from Austin?

But sure i'll go to wades house in the midwest

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

The tracking number update from Atari now says my package is arriving on 7/2.  I was hopeful that it was coming today.  Once it's here, I'll post a photo.

I think we will both have a nice day today my friend, my first Atari Age order is due to arrive today too!

• Like 2

It's here!

Well, most of it, the Atari Vox+ is to follow, that's fine, I have games to try out. 🤟🏻😊

What do we have here? Some stickers and a nice catalogue, will it turn up on eBay in forty years? 🤔😋

IMG_20240702_113819.thumb.jpg.e134337027306fde43b01ea02012c607.jpg

How many work on the 2600 Plus?

IMG_20240702_114040.thumb.jpg.8f9b00f2005ad365056e77bc02abf05f.jpg

I'll let you know later. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

It's here!

Well, most of it, the Atari Vox+ is to follow, that's fine, I have games to try out. 🤟🏻😊

What do we have here? Some stickers and a nice catalogue, will it turn up on eBay in forty years? 🤔😋

I'll let you know later. 

That's a nice collection there.  I have Dungeon Stalker. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

It's here!

I'll let you know later. 

eBay will be around still in 40 years? I’ll buy them!!!!! If they allow me to hook up my Atari 2600+++ in the old, old folks home!!!! 🤣😄😂

You have a Gold Mine there JetmanUK! Very nice!!!!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Where do I pick up my games? Are you taking them with you? 🤣

I will leave them in some bags by my front door, well, I will linstruct my daughter to do so.

Note, there will be a lot of bags. A lot. Hire a truck.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

It's here!

I'll let you know later. 

Wow nice haul 👍I’m so tempted to order some games from Atariage but the shipping to UK is pretty high,I guess if you buy a few the shipping isn’t so bad?

• Like 2

20240702_162320.thumb.jpg.c0734eed4434a4f6226be4b6adaaaa8c.jpg

Here's what I got from Atari.

This is my first original 7800 CIB game.

I like the game and have played it digitally.  It's nice to have a physical copy.

As for the controller and paddles, I never had them before.   I look forward to trying out both.   Especially the paddles.  That'll be a new experience for me. 

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Microjak said:

Wow nice haul 👍I’m so tempted to order some games from Atariage but the shipping to UK is pretty high,I guess if you buy a few the shipping isn’t so bad?

Yeah exactly that. I wouldn't order just one or two carts, but spread across a few the postage doesn't hurt as much.

• Like 1

I tried out the new CX-78+ and the paddles.  I played Food Fight with the new controller and it works great.  I like the thumbstick.  The buttons are responsive.  Food Fight is a fun simple game and has a lot of replay value in my opinion.

The paddles are interesting.  It was really different for me as I've never used with them until now.  It felt weird at first but I quickly got the hang of it.  The movement is very smooth.  There's little to no resistance.  I tested them on 2 games.  One was the Avalanche homebrew.  The other was Astroblast.  I'll need more practice with the paddles.  But overall it was a neat experience playing with those compared to a gamepad/joystick.

• Like 3

Hey,

I just bought a black garbage bug full of 2600 cartridges for 5 euros 😀

they are filthy and by skimming the surface I spotted some duplicates..

It's gonna be a long and dirty job but lets see..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TIX said:

Hey,

I just bought a black garbage bug full of 2600 cartridges for 5 euros 😀

they are filthy and by skimming the surface I spotted some duplicates..

It's gonna be a long and dirty job but lets see..

Congrats on your score.    You saved some gems probably from being thrown out.    

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

The controller grip arrived today.  It fits well and makes the controller look larger.  Having the grip will make using the controller more comfortable.  I got the controller last year.  Now I have this nice accessory to go with it. 

Can you share a picture of the grip? 

Edit: Is the Robotwar controller grip? I think I did see it mentioned earlier in the post.

Edited by MrChickenz

26 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

The controller grip arrived today.  It fits well and makes the controller look larger.  Having the grip will make using the controller more comfortable.  I got the controller last year.  Now I have this nice accessory to go with it. 

Is this the “booster grip” used with Omega Race?

Bought an NTSC version of Pitfall2 from German Ebay 🤗

For some games I do not care if the PAL cart runs slower but for the two Pitfall games it is nice that Harry runs faster.

Especially in Pitfall2, if you die and need to repeat your last steps the additional speed is very nice and the colors look better!🤙

For Pitfall1 I actually like the PAL colors but play the NTSC cart for more running speed😊

If you look at the label, the NTSC version has got an additional Audiovision line.

And if it is a cart from DEANJIMMY or @JetmanUK on the back side you'll find a sticker😉

20240706_213219.jpg

20240706_213238.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

More games from AA, all great🤙

20240706_212930.jpg

I'm still waiting on my order from AtariAge that I placed several months ago, but that's ok.  I have noticed if you place the order through ebay or etsy, I can't remember which I did, I got my order within a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheRingBearer said:

I'm still waiting on my order from AtariAge that I placed several months ago, but that's ok.  I have noticed if you place the order through ebay or etsy, I can't remember which I did, I got my order within a couple of weeks.

My last chance order last year took very long but by that time he got many orders and AA moved to Atari, etc.

This order took 6 weeks to Germany which is pretty good🤙

• Like 1