IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

5 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Bought an NTSC version of Pitfall2 from German Ebay 🤗

For some games I do not care if the PAL cart runs slower but for the two Pitfall games it is nice that Harry runs faster.

Especially in Pitfall2, if you die and need to repeat your last steps the additional speed is very nice and the colors look better!🤙

For Pitfall1 I actually like the PAL colors but play the NTSC cart for more running speed😊

If you look at the label, the NTSC version has got an additional Audiovision line.

And if it is a cart from DEANJIMMY or @JetmanUK on the back side you'll find a sticker😉

20240706_213219.jpg

20240706_213238.jpg

What’s the difference in colors on your pitfall. I never saw the PAL colors on Pitfall. It’s nice that we have an option to get NTSC or PAL.

5 hours ago, TheRingBearer said:

I'm still waiting on my order from AtariAge that I placed several months ago, but that's ok.  I have noticed if you place the order through ebay or etsy, I can't remember which I did, I got my order within a couple of weeks.

I try to purchase mine from the EBay store, it is faster. But the downside is they don’t have all the titles on the EBay store.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

20240706_155409.thumb.jpg.4678dd8c5ebefcc152a50d17d74f7a82.jpg

20240706_161302.thumb.jpg.7a42111cc828ca05a397bbd8961a5768.jpg

Here's the controller with the grip attached.  Retro Game Boyz said there would be imperfections because it's 3D printed.  I noticed the cosmetic flaws.  But it doesn't effect anything. 

Still looks good! Game play is all that matters. I’ll have to get one of these. Possibly the one for Robotron or Robotwar 2084?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Still looks good! Game play is all that matters. I’ll have to get one of these. Possibly the one for Robotron or Robotwar 2084?

That's right, gameplay is what matters most.  You would like the gamepad.  The one I have, that color design is no longer available on the website.  But there are newer ones to choose from.  Also, I think the grip is nice.  It's 3D printed and gets the job done.  It fits like a glove on the controller.

I have a custom twin stick for Robotron.  Makes it feel more like the arcade.  If you get his twin stick gamepad though, it'll do fine for Robotron/Robot War 2084.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I try to purchase mine from the EBay store, it is faster. But the downside is they don’t have all the titles on the EBay store.

AA on German Ebay is invisible. I once found a few games which were more expensive, now a search for Atariage leads to nothing.

The AA store here works very well for me, only Paypal causes a script error, so I had to pay by credit card.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

AA on German Ebay is invisible. I once found a few games which were more expensive, now a search for Atariage leads to nothing.

The AA store here works very well for me, only Paypal causes a script error, so I had to pay by credit card.

I was going to use PayPal for my recent order as PP's pay in three interest free option is very handy, but yeah it would not allow it so I used a credit card too.

Hopefully this can be fixed as larger orders are nice to spread over a longer payment period. Otherwise shopping on here was a nice experience for me. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

it would be cool if,

ok this might sound stupid as hell but, what if they refined a dual Pro-Line setup but as a single controller for twin sticks, better joysticks, better buttons. Etc...

But it would be like the most dorky yet sublime experience for Flight Sims and Robotron/Twinsticks, and they could call it something equally dorky but 80's/90's cheesy cool like the "Atari Commander" or something.

5 hours ago, shane857 said:

Would be cool if Atari released an official twin-stick controller compatible with Robotron 2084 etc...

parallel thinking /hj

TBF everybody wants this, so yeah my "idea" is literally what everyone said,

so again like, at least, what if the sears video arcade II paddle-sticks were re-released and idk, a new rotary ikari warriors bundle came with a special edition one that mimics the arcade rotary stick?

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

This looks great! I like this! So Hyperkin controllers fit as well. Thanks!

yes they do, however they simply go in reversed (the wire comes out of a different location, but functionally the same.  

you can PM me directly too and i can knock a few bucks off, but some folks like going through an online store so I offer the options.  I have them on Etsy as well.

image.thumb.png.8b2b864d74595b8f08db6f9d4f006e27.png

Thanks,
Caleb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ugh, just received a joblot of carts from fleabay and the sender has thoughtfully wrapped the carts up in a lousy carrier bag and sellotaped the open ended side of the bag to the top cart label (empire strikes back) .. ruined.

give me strength.

• Sad 2

It's been ages since I've last read through or posted on this thread so I thought I'd change at least one of those facts. :)

GameHaul_07082024.thumb.jpg.1852d19e4ce0f59accc58402c20c9f4f.jpg

I picked up Wizard of Wor and Spider Fighter yesterday.  Wizard of War is in immaculate condition.  I'm honestly wondering if the shop I bought it from put a new label on it.  (They make custom cases for their games so I wouldn't be surprised.)  That said, I'm okay either way.

Of the two, Spider Fighter is definitely my favorite.  It looks ridiculously good on the 2600+, and it's an absolute blast to play.

• Like 6

On 7/7/2024 at 3:56 AM, MrChickenz said:

Some really good ones here @DEANJIMMY

T:me Salvo, Knight and Ninjish Guy are NTSC carts and run with 60Hz on the 2600+🤙
But they all work great on a real PAL Atari7800 and Atari2600 hardware 🤗
T:me Salvo even switches to the correct colors, the other two have different colors but still look good. Per design a palette was used to work on both, NTSC and PAL🙏
T:me Salvo supports speech via AtariVox, which is awesome but then you can't play Twinstick 🕹🕹as the 2nd port is occupied by the AV🤔
In my opinion it is the 2nd game after JunoFirst with great speech support😃

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

T:me Salvo, Knight and Ninjish Guy are NTSC carts and run with 60Hz on the 2600+🤙
But they all work great on a real PAL Atari7800 and Atari2600 hardware 🤗
T:me Salvo even switches to the correct colors, the other two have different colors but still look good. Per design a palette was used to work on both, NTSC and PAL🙏
T:me Salvo supports speech via AtariVox, which is awesome but then you can't play Twinstick 🕹🕹as the 2nd port is occupied by the AV🤔
In my opinion it is the 2nd game after JunoFirst with great speech support😃

Just a thought, I wonder if a db9 y connector in the second port would work? The speech in Juno First is excellent! There is a db9 y splitter cable, I have one that I use on my colecovision. If I choose to use an Atari controller I plug it and the colecovision controller in together so I can use the game select number pad.

Edited by MrChickenz