IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

9 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Yer jealous.

20240727_143751-Copy.thumb.jpg.631e56d035af959b74c3d9c838eb9da6.jpg

As for venerable CX-40, I like it in general, but I especially like it in something like Pole Position.  Instead of a stick or pad that bottoms out, you just get increasing resistance and you get a feel for how much of it to engage to zoom around a curve or swerve around another car.  I don't know how else to describe other than once you get the hang of it, it's fun to use.  And I originally used CX-40 eternity ago as well and they hurt and frustrated my young hands, but now I enjoy using it on these old games.  I think it's just a matter of time spent and muscle memory.

That actually looks like a decent version. Better than the 2600. The Sega Master System port is my favourite thou

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Yer jealous.

As for venerable CX-40, I like it in general, but I especially like it in something like Pole Position.  Instead of a stick or pad that bottoms out, you just get increasing resistance and you get a feel for how much of it to engage to zoom around a curve or swerve around another car.  I don't know how else to describe other than once you get the hang of it, it's fun to use.  And I originally used CX-40 eternity ago as well and they hurt and frustrated my young hands, but now I enjoy using it on these old games.  I think it's just a matter of time spent and muscle memory.

After the 2600+ offered me the membership at the former exclusive NTSC club, I thought about buying it but it is not cheap and sometimes a rip off🤔

On the other hand it is so much a two player game, I could split the costs of more than 2000€ for a sealed new game and(!) the 138€ shipping costs between me and player 2😅

If a rerelease would be possible,  there exists an enhanced version which looks great🤙

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, shane857 said:

That actually looks like a decent version. Better than the 2600. The Sega Master System port is my favourite thou

It is a good version, and a good 7800 game.  Prob better than NES and good for 2-player.

3 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

After the 2600+ offered me the membership at the former exclusive NTSC club, I thought about buying it but it is not cheap and sometimes a rip off🤔

On the other hand it is so much a two player game, I could split the costs of more than 2000€ for a sealed new game and(!) the 138€ shipping costs between me and player 2😅

If a rerelease would be possible,  there exists an enhanced version which looks great🤙

Wasn't that outrageous, but honestly this may be my most expensive cart yet.  Can't make a habit of these types.  Unless I charge admission to play against me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Yer jealous.

I didn't even know this existed until recently. What I would have given to be able to get this in the 80s. It was very difficult to get these rarer 7800 games back then. 

• Like 2

FWIW, a couple of the original 7800 CIBs included an Atari Advantage double-sided poster. My copies of Impossible Mission & Ballblazer were brand new and sealed when I picked them up (years ago) and they both have the poster. I need to look through my other CIBs, because I’m pretty I have another game with the poster. 

Note: My Donkey Kong CIB also has the poster. All three posters are the same as one pictured below. 

IMG_5561.jpeg

IMG_5558.jpeg

IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5562.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

FWIW, a couple of the original 7800 CIBs included an Atari Advantage double-sided poster. My copies of Impossible Mission & Ballblazer were brand new and sealed when I picked them up (years ago) and they both have the poster. I need to look through my other CIBs, because I’m pretty I have another game with the poster. 

Note: My Donkey Kong CIB also has the poster. All three posters are the same as one pictured below. 

IMG_5561.jpeg

IMG_5558.jpeg

IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5562.jpeg

Nice bro. 💪🏻 The NTSC version of Impossible Mission isn't completable apparently. I have the PAL version and it's still impossible thou.

Figuring out those puzzle pieces... 😂

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Nice bro. 💪🏻 The NTSC version of Impossible Mission isn't completable apparently. I have the PAL version and it's still impossible thou.

Lol! You are correct. The NTSC version is not completable and that’s why I have this loose copy.

IMG_5563.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

I agree. I truly find this game impossible, and I have tried on the Spectrum, C64 and now the 7800. 🤷🏻🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

I agree. I truly find this game impossible, and I have tried on the Spectrum, C64 and now the 7800. 🤷🏻🤣

I first played it on my C64, during the ‘80s. 

• Like 1

Speaking of collecting, would you be mad or glad, if you found this under your bed and you had no idea it was there (THAT ISN'T Y HANDWRITING, DAMMIT!)?

I haven't bothered to look under the bed in the game room in at least a decade. 🤬 :ponder: :?

IMG_7592.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Speaking of collecting, would you be mad or glad, if you found this under your bed and you had no idea it was there (THAT ISN'T Y HANDWRITING, DAMMIT!)?

I haven't bothered to look under the bed in the game room in at least a decade. 🤬 :ponder: :?

IMG_7592.jpg

Well this is embarrassing, that's actually my handwriting, I put it there for safekeeping. Please send it back to me, I'll DM you my address. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Haha 10

On 7/27/2024 at 8:15 PM, Brad_from_the_80s said:

It is a good version, and a good 7800 game.  Prob better than NES and good for 2-player.

Wasn't that outrageous, but honestly this may be my most expensive cart yet.  Can't make a habit of these types.  Unless I charge admission to play against me.

The good thing about expensive carts is you only have to buy them once. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

The good thing about expensive carts is you only have to buy them once. 

Definitely.  So far on the expensive or expensive-ish side I have: Mario Bros 7800, H.E.R.O. NTSC, Tapper, Spy Hunter, Star Wars: TAG, Beamrider, Commando 7800, Gremlins (lol), Pete Rose Baseball 7800, and maybe a couple of others.  And now Rampage 7800.

Of course most of my other 7800 were pricey relative to 2600 games, and some I found most conveniently CIB or sealed which added to the price at the time, but still generally less than $40.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

IMG_5561.jpeg

IMG_5558.jpeg

IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5562.jpeg

I think have 3 or 4 of these now from CIB/sealed 7800 games.  Just got one with Dark Chambers last week (but no manual).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

IMG_7592.jpg

I’d be looking for the Football to Kangaroo box lol.