IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

20240803_143203.thumb.jpg.bc67e84426ef6718817fe76e747a19e2.jpg

These arrived today.  Bermuda Triangle label isn't bad.  Spider Fighter end label is missing but I'll fix that.  The other two look good.

Espial is a reproduction cart.  Atari's compatibility list said untested.  I can confirm that the game does work.

This is my first Tiger Vision game. It's a pretty decent shooter.  

• Like 7

i feel like soon, if custom carts come back for 7800 on the storefront, i think that and the 2600 ones are going to be the way i get physical carts of the rarer games, i do like making the labels even if i cannot recreate my favorite one, but dang whatever labels they use are amazing.

1 hour ago, Maztr_0n said:

i feel like soon, if custom carts come back for 7800 on the storefront, i think that and the 2600 ones are going to be the way i get physical carts of the rarer games, i do like making the labels even if i cannot recreate my favorite one, but dang whatever labels they use are amazing.

:ponder: 

18 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

:ponder: 

ahaaaaaaa... sneaky sneaky... i just hope theres support for 144K games like Alien Brigade...

by the way, related.

i got in touch with the owner of the 2600labelmaker website, he's said that he tried years ago to get it working properly with GD Library but wasn't able to get it to work and unfortunately right now can only keep the website the way it is, i'll ask of he would be open to any kind of assistance which is extremely unfortunate. BTW please dont like, email the guy about it too much, it's probably best to keep that at a minimum.

but it would be nice if someday all those loose ends could be tied up for the guy so his website can continue to be used for all kinds of 7800/2600 projects for years to come. :)

7 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

20240803_143203.thumb.jpg.bc67e84426ef6718817fe76e747a19e2.jpg

These arrived today.  Bermuda Triangle label isn't bad.  Spider Fighter end label is missing but I'll fix that.  The other two look good.

Espial is a reproduction cart.  Atari's compatibility list said untested.  I can confirm that the game does work.

This is my first Tiger Vision game. It's a pretty decent shooter.  

Some fun games there. I've really got into Spider Fighter recently, it feels so slick and the sprites are some of the best, at least with regards how colourful they are, on the console. 

An Espial original cart is expensive isn't it? So it's good to find a repro. 😊

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I was just browsing eBay and saw someone paid $610 for a 7800 Popeye. I know it’s rare because it had a short sale window, but damn, that’s ridiculous. 

don’t get me wrong, it’s a great game. But that’s an absurd price.

Wow! I guess they REALLY wanted that game. I wonder if they really wanted to pay their rent/mortgage too?! 🤣

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Wow! I guess they REALLY wanted that game. I wonder if they really wanted to pay their rent/mortgage too?! 🤣

Even i wouldnt blow 600 for ikari warriors on 7800...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

ahaaaaaaa... sneaky sneaky... i just hope theres support for 144K games like Alien Brigade...

by the way, related.

i got in touch with the owner of the 2600labelmaker website, he's said that he tried years ago to get it working properly with GD Library but wasn't able to get it to work and unfortunately right now can only keep the website the way it is, i'll ask of he would be open to any kind of assistance which is extremely unfortunate. BTW please dont like, email the guy about it too much, it's probably best to keep that at a minimum.

but it would be nice if someday all those loose ends could be tied up for the guy so his website can continue to be used for all kinds of 7800/2600 projects for years to come. :)

I keep forgetting your age, pardon me.  Last time I included Ikari on cart was 10 years ago. ;) 

bcab21edfb70f42cfe2540c2150d0cd0.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I keep forgetting your age, pardon me.  Last time I included Ikari on cart was 10 years ago. ;) 

bcab21edfb70f42cfe2540c2150d0cd0.jpg

Oooooooohhhhhh i get it... but do i???? Pretty please????? By the name of Walnuts and Raisins invested in the...

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I've read your posts here... You absolutely would. 😋

Not 600... not 600... i aint that desperate, you tell me 600$ or no Ikari Atari 7800 i might just play the NES version and weep.

1 hour ago, Maztr_0n said:

Oooooooohhhhhh i get it... but do i???? Pretty please????? By the name of Walnuts and Raisins invested in the...

As of today, I have a 2600+ and can test all I want now (including new hardware), I'll make you a FREE Ikari cart when I get around to it. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

if you can spend 600 dollars on a popeye game, it's likely a rich collector where money is no object and it's more important to you to have a collection of the games you want. 

There's for sure people out there than are like that. I'm not rich, but I paid 200 dollars each several times to get some rare 7800 homebrews and don't regret it. Even tho I could play em on roms the whole time. 

Edited by tradyblix

5 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

As of today, I have a 2600+ and can test all I want now (including new hardware)

Wait! What year is this? You only got your 2600+ as of today? Where have you been? 
Just kidding! 

Did it already have the latest Firmware installed?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

As of today, I have a 2600+ and can test all I want now (including new hardware), I'll make you a FREE Ikari cart when I get around to it. ;) 

Thank you kind sir

The Spider Fighter cart didn't work at first.  So, I cleaned it but there wasn't any dirt that I saw.  Then I put the cart back into the console and it still wouldn't work.  I had to keep angling the cart a certain way.  Finally I got it working.  Anyway, it's a fun shooter.  I heard it was a hard game but it didn't seem like it to me.  And I've played it before but it's been a while.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

The Spider Fighter cart didn't work at first.  So, I cleaned it but there wasn't any dirt that I saw.  Then I put the cart back into the console and it still wouldn't work.  I had to keep angling the cart a certain way.  Finally I got it working.  Anyway, it's a fun shooter.  I heard it was a hard game but it didn't seem like it to me.  And I've played it before but it's been a while.

All activision games are problematic with the first connector. Generally you need to pull them out slightly 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I was just browsing eBay and saw someone paid $610 for a 7800 Popeye. I know it’s rare because it had a short sale window, but damn, that’s ridiculous. 

don’t get me wrong, it’s a great game. But that’s an absurd price.

Atari should re-release this so it's affordable for everybody. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Atari should re-release this so it's affordable for everybody. 

I am not sure who wrote it, but if the author wants to sell more loose copies, have him contact me.  That $610 is just plain stupid, does nobody know there are multiple people here who can make carts?  My carts don't look like Hozer crust either. 😅

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1